Garmin topo question.

nvthrt

I had the origonal disk. When the wife left with the computer the disk went too. Just ordered the 2011 version. Anyone know if i will have any problems updating the gps to the new one? Will i lose my waypoints?

If you are just downloading new maps into your GPS from the computer it won't mess with your way points.You should be fine. Ron

+1 the safe way to do it would be to transfer your waypoints from your GPS back into your new program first, then transfer that data with your new topo program back to your GPS. If done correctly your waypoints will stay in both places GPS/ and new Program.

Waypoints should just over write and never be lost unless you delete them.

))))......>

No you don't have to delete the old maps. Once you make the new map set Garmin will automatically do it for you. Ron

I did a free trial download from huntinggpsmaps for a topo / land ownership package and after the trial was over, reloaded the Garmin topos back onto my Garmin E-trex. I did not have to delete the prior topos and with each topo download, the waypoints remianed. You should be fine but would reccomend tranfering to pc before hand incase of some propblem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom