Gen deer surrender thoughts

Bucks_Bulls

Has there been discussions on why Utah doesn’t reissue surrendered general season deer tags? Seems crazy to me that the tags are not re-sold when someone turns them back in. To me, even if the number is small (200,500,1000?), if the tags were sold or offered to the next person in line it would help reduce point creep and increase revenue. Seems like we have the technology. Thoughts?

Has there been discussions on why Utah doesn’t reissue surrendered general season deer tags? Seems crazy to me that the tags are not re-sold when someone turns them back in. To me, even if the number is small (200,500,1000?), if the tags were sold or offered to the next person in line it would help reduce point creep and increase revenue. Seems like we have the technology. Thoughts?
It does not help point creep at all!
Look at Colorado

Probably just a logistical and a system issue for the DWR. Sounds like they have been beefing up their tech systems this year. Maybe that'll be a possibility in the future. :unsure:

Probably just a logistical and a system issue for the DWR. Sounds like they have been beefing up their tech systems this year. Maybe that'll be a possibility in the future. :unsure:
Hopefully. Maybe they can use some money from all the unlimited elk tags they are going to sell next year to develop some software for this?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom