Getting into Mexico

CFMuley

I am currently waiting on a passport, but I need to be in Mexico yesterday. Anyone know about crossing in Nogales with a drivers license and a birth certificate? I’ve heard no, but I’ve always heard people say they do it all the time and it’s no big deal.

Getting in usually isn’t a problem, it’s getting out where the issues start. DL I have been told work but no first hand knowledge. I thought borders where closed to drive in, flying only? Maybe heard wrong

SWEET!

I Used to Build Performance Engines as a Hobby!

When the Diesels came out My Hobby came to a Quick end!

Nothing wrong with a 418 Windsor Stroker!

I was with a kid who lost his passport and was able to return on a drivers license and a concealed weapon permit

This is what CBP says:

Land or Sea Travel: U.S. citizens entering the United States by land or sea are required to present a valid WHTI-compliant document, which include:

- U.S. Passports

- U.S. Passport Cards

- Enhanced Driver's Licenses

- Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC)

- Trusted Traveler Cards (Global Entry*, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST

- Military Identification Cards (for members of the U.S. armed official maritime business)

With all of that said, I’ve had family members cross with a regular DL and birth certificate recently. I guess it depends on the agent you get at the border.

I believe it all depends how far you are going into Mexico. I know in El Paso, you can cross into Juarez with a DL or other approved document, but to get beyond Juarez, you must have a passport. I believe within 20 km is considered "immediate border area" anything beyond that will require passport.

I see no problem with you sneaking into Mexico, they have been sneaking into the U. S.A. for along time. In fact it would be a good story.

Just came back from hunting the border, the BP said as soon as they announced Biden as president the light switch turned on and they started the migration north...

I am currently waiting on a passport, but I need to be in Mexico yesterday. Anyone know about crossing in Nogales with a drivers license and a birth certificate? I’ve heard no, but I’ve always heard people say they do it all the time and it’s no big deal.
Depends on where you're going. If no farther than Nogales and if your stay is less than 72 hrs., you won't need to get a tourist permit, which requires a passport. BUT...the problem occurs when you try to get back into the U.S. without either a passport or a passport card. While they might eventually let you in with a BC & DL, it might make for a messy delay.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom