GIANT UT BUCK!!

And this is exactly how a big buck will get poached.........

>And this is exactly how a
>big buck will get poached.........

If this buck gets poached it is not the guys fault who shared a photo of him.

It is only the poachers fault.

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I really enjoyed seeing this buck.

Todd

Everybody in the valley knows about this buck. He has a few friends that are great bucks too.

The thing that could save this bucks life is the fact that everybody knows about him and watches him. It's pretty tough to poach with that many potential eyewitnesses.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

My intent was not to blame the poster of the pic for getting this great buck poached if it occurs. My point is that the more people that know about this buck, the more the odds increase that some jackass will kill it........it happens to every "town mascot" animal that i can ever remember. Remember "Sampson" the bull?? What about that giant buck in downtown Beaver a few years back??
Lots of eyes and one gutsy fool is all it takes.
I'll place my bet right now that this buck won't make it into February.

Geez... I didn't mean to start an argument here - I just wanted individuals like me who love deer to be able to share it with their family. If this deer gets poached its not my fault seeings how I cant control the actions of those who break laws. That's like saying a bartender is responsible if a customer get in an accident after having a few drinks. Its on the individual that does the crime. And yes, he may be well known in the area but thought others outside of Cache Valley would enjoy seeing a magnificent buck.

It's all good Phantom, i have just been in this game long enough to know what USUALLY happens..........i hope i'm dead wrong on this one because that is an absolutely gorgeous buck! ;-)

What's the address? I'm in my truck typing this as I head north! I've got my bow and I'm decked out in camo! Anybody have an extra Makita 24v battery?
PM me with details
Thanks

Traditional >>>------->

That Buck would already be Dead if He lived in the Basin!

Seems as if the last few Good Bucks left in TARDville have wisened up & taking their chances right in Town!

Wonder if anybody has a Battle Plan of Herding Him out of town only to be Slaughtered by some JACK-ASS?

8078cougar.jpg

A lot of us up here that live locally with this deer are worried about him getting killed. He's managed to stay in city limits and not get shot for the past 2 years, but I'm afraid with how much bigger he is this year.........will, stupid people are among us.

The buck is very nomadic within the neighborhood, but I have heard some dudes are trying to draw him into county area where he would be "legal" to shoot.

It'll be a damn shame if it does. A couple years back, you might remember we had another fiasco up here with a big buck that was living on a local golf course that got arrowed and chased for hours before being shot 2 more times on the actual golf course. And that buck was way smaller than this one.

not to defend the poster of the pics, but I've actually seen most of these via text from several people.

I don't think they are private by any means.

Copyright infringement????? I don't see a water mark on the pics, and in the first sentence of his post he states that he received them in an email.

Thank you for the pics of this great buck. I have enjoyed them.

}}-SLIVER-->

>I talked
>to one of the homeowners
>and they said people were
>welcome to walk the property
>come shed season!!!

Wow! That statement should make a bunch of local shed hunters thrilled. Looks like there will be 1000 people running that buck all over private property come February.

Maybe it'll play out like this, Denny Whatzhisnutz will buy a special $500k urban deer tag and then book a hunt with Moist Turd Outfitters. They can bring in spotters and a chopper to monitor movements. The police can close off the area and the great white hunter can put a smack down on another booner. Go team!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos, Phantom. The value in any of these deer, as I see it, is that humans have the chance to enjoy them.

Gotta love the drama on MM. Copyright infringement, hmmm, its gotta be copyrighted first. I sincerely doubt this buck is in any more danger than it already was, just my 2cents for what its worth. Hopefully the guys watching the buck are being vigilant and report any suspicious behavior ASAP to their local CO.

There's got to be some sort of growth hormone additive in the sprinkler water. The cemetery buck and now this buck roaming the streets of Utah.

I'm sure all of the locals are already aware of this buck. Question is how many of us on this board will now take the time to drive up to Cache Valley to see him in person? My guess is not many, so I don't think posting these pictures will create a greater mass hysteria of super fans trying to get this buck's autograph.

Would you take this buck, or the "cemetery" buck? (under legal conditions of course)

Goes to show that Utah has awesome genetics. Now if the DWR would just slow it down with the tags and let em grow a little. I would rather assist a friend on a quality hunt than hunt every year for a forgy.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-13 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]You guys know that nobody is looking at the deer right?

You don't need to make a big hullaballooo about the pics.
The deer is fine and all, but the line of 20 guys with spotting scopes is only PRETENDING to look at the deer.

There is a smoking hot, 23 year old, playboy model that lives in the house behind that yard. The deer just happens to be aligned with the window that is of interest.

The deer is just a cover that allows you to be a peeping tom.
I suspect that on the day these pictures were taken, the blinds were shut.
Thus, the photographer, who remains unknown, was forced to take pictures of this deer until such a time that the real attraction was available.

I say we find the photographer and get "the other" pictures posted.

The rest of this post, and all its bickering, is a waste of time.

As for the infringement of copyright, I am not a lawyer.
But, I know a lawyer, and on his legal firms website, they had these pictures posted.

I copied them and pasted them here.

2513img_6404-2.jpg

6222img_6351-2.jpg

4980img_6360-2.jpg

2027img_6385-2.jpg

1434img_6398-2.jpg

Seriously though, copyright is a serious issue.
It can be enforced.
It should be considered before using someones pics.

"In the case of photographs, it is sometimes difficult to determine who owns the copyright and there may be little or no information about the owner on individual copies. Ownership of a ?copy? of a photograph ? the tangible embodiment of the ?work? ? is distinct from the ?work? itself ? the intangible intellectual property. The owner of the ?work? is generally the photographer or, in certain situations, the employer of the photographer. Even if a person hires a photographer to take pictures of a wedding, for example, the photographer will own the copyright in the photographs unless the copyright in the photographs is transferred, in writing and signed by the copyright owner, to another person. The subject of the photograph generally has nothing to do with the ownership of the copyright in the photograph. If the photographer is no longer living, the rights in the photograph are determined by the photographer?s will or passed as personal property by the applicable laws of intestate succession.

There may be situations in which the reproduction of a photograph may be a ?fair use? under the copyright law. Information about fair use may be found at: www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html."

My heavens! The things we get bent over about. Can't we all just get along?

I think that all the posters in this thread should get together, form a prayer and hug group, and then go see this deer together.
We could even hold hands.

We better be holding each others hands if that window is open!
I don't want anybody's hands in their pockets!

Also, elkassassin is the man!

I am loving that cougar hunter thing.

Is it copyright infringement if I make a high definition, full color, photographic version of that?

What if I don't post it, but just put it on the hood of my car?

I betcha yeluM would let me put one on the side of his van!

I'm with the guy who doesn't give him until February. I'll go with dead by November 1st.
Exact same scenario in Lake City Colo a few years back. Lots of time and energy to Get him to a ?lot? in the County. They did not anchor him well. He died on another ?Lot?.
Investigated not prosecuted. The ?Hunter? should be so proud.
The picture poster has no guilt or impact in the inevitable outcome. Thanks I enjoyed the pics.

Very cool to see a buck like this. I probably would have gone about sharing it differently, but what's done is done. Thanks for the pictures - it's always good to have something to look at and dream about while preparing for upcoming hunts.

Smitty,

That is impossible. Archery hunters are ethical and pure, unlike slob rifle hunters.

As you stated in the post, the pictures are owned by the one who took the pictures. In this case the original pictures posted were taken by a friend of mine and he did not want them posted. It surprises me that the founder would not remove these photos upon the request of the person who took the photos. As for the person posting the pictures and the staement therein,they have been posted as a militious act to upset people for personal gain. After receiving personal messages from said (phantom) it is clear his true intetions are to offend and upset those of us who do care about this deer and do enjoy watching him. weither it be jealousy or for the pleasure of angering people it's pretty sad that this is allowed to happen in these forums.

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-13 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p]The statement about property owners letting people look for the sheds. This is far from truth. This was a serious issue for the locals. After he shed last year there were two police officers patrolling every inch of the area he was in letting everyone know that if they trespassed they would be getting tickets. As far as "pattern him now" 1 this deer has never set foot in any area that is legal to hunt his entire life (Trust me I know this given I and many others watch him during the hunting season to hopefully have a legal opportunity to take him and as well detour anyone thinking they can get away with shooting him in the city.) and two. This deer has abesolutely no pattern at all! He is never in the same spot day to day and rarely leaves peoples backyards. If this deer is in sight 99 percent of the time there is always someone else watching him. Another side note. If this is a city deer and he is never In any legal hunting areas, and cannot be killed without it being considered poaching, then why is this posted in the general hunting forum?

We should name this buck. We should name him the name of the street/road he lives around.

What's the name of the street/road?:)

Eel

Now I'm think we should be taking those Feb. bets. Now what are the odds of him making it.

So who took the pictures, If they was sent out in a email to others you already let the cat out the bag, no way to put that cat back in.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I think he makes it. He made it through last year and has nearly 24 hour surveillance by the local hunters. He lives in the backyards of some very serious hunters who truly love the animals that we all hunt. They won't poach him and they won't let him be poached or harassed out of city limits.

If the buck gets antsy and moves to the Forest Service land, then it is anybody's guess... but barring that, he makes it another year.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

>We should name this buck. We
>should name him the name
>of the street/road he lives
>around.
>
>What's the name of the street/road?:)
>
>
>Eel

He already has a name. He was named last year by the guy that took the pics.

Uhh....A bartender can definitely be held responsible for someone getting in an accident and killing someone after they were served alcohol by him. A bartender is supposed to know "when to cut him off". It kind of reminds me of someone telling the entire world that it's okay to trespass on people's property to go shed hunting. Something smells bad with this post.

Great buck.

>Uhh....A bartender can definitely be held
>responsible for someone getting in
>an accident and killing someone
>after they were served alcohol
>by him. A bartender is
>supposed to know "when to
>cut him off". It kind
>of reminds me of someone
>telling the entire world that
>it's okay to trespass on
>people's property to go shed
>hunting. Something smells bad with
>this post.
>
>Great buck.

Good analogy, nontypical (sarcasm)

This is why it would be dumb to advertise the commercial sale of access to trespass on somebodies property. If you are caught charging money to access property you don't have the lawful right to access, you probably could be held to a civil standard. Possibly "Accessory to Trespassing", oh wait, that code doesn't exist.

However, nontypical, simply stating what you believe to be true regarding access doesn't come close to meeting the level of Criminal Trespass. It is still a reasonable expectation, and the lawful standard, for the Trespasser to verify for themselves lawful access to private property prior to accessing.

And for all the "Copyright" BS... to actually get a judgment against somebody for copyright infringement takes proof of malicious intent and damage. Try meeting that burden of proof for simply posting pictures on an online forum.

Grizzly

"In this case the original pictures posted were taken by a friend of mine and he did not want them posted."

If you don't want pics of a ginormous buck shared in this day and age....DON'T EMAIL OR TEXT THEM TO YOUR BUDDIES!!!!
How are those pics being posted hurting anyone?????? Please answer that!

Traditional >>>------->

Pm sent to me from op when I asked why he was posting this "I really enjoy pissing all you obsessive ------ off. Get a life and give up" malicious intent? Pretty much sums it up I do agree with you though, not sharing pictures in the first place could have avoided this all together.

Thanks for setting me straight, grizzly, although that wasn't an analogy. I was merely making a point. Seems like the op had other reasons in mind for posting this than just wanting us all to see this great buck.

Suggesting that people trespass is what got me a bit stirred up.

Are you a lawyer?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-13 AT 05:12PM (MST)[p]So if the pictures were taken by a friend of trophymuley, how did the OP get them unless they were also emailed to him or were copied from somewhere out on the net that he had access to? The photos would also have to be copyrighted by the owner for there to be any kind of infringement or violation. My guess is that it's very doubtful that the pictures were copyrighted.

I heard this buck was hit on Saturday 10Th of August, right after dark crossing the road. What a shame..

I talked to the landowner and he said people are free to gather souviouneer hair and blood samples

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Of course it true, They can't put anything on the internet thats not true. Oh, theres the doorbell. Must be that French model I met on the net.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 02:19AM (MST)[p]Uhhhh bonjour! Lol Larry you crack me up! It is sad though to hear that this buck has gone to a better place
"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-13
>AT 05:12?PM (MST)

>
>So if the pictures were taken
>by a friend of trophymuley,
>how did the OP get
>them unless they were also
>emailed to him or were
>copied from somewhere out on
>the net that he had
>access to? The photos
>would also have to be
>copyrighted by the owner for
>there to be any kind
>of infringement or violation.
>My guess is that it's
>very doubtful that the pictures
>were copyrighted.

Technically you don't have to copyright something to own copyright to it. It just helps prove copyright ownership if there's ever a dispute taken to court. Also a photographer who is hired doesn't automatically own copyright. There is something called "work for hire", and should always be specified in any contract. I deal with these things quite a bit due to my day job.

Several years ago there was a particular firearms company who tried to challenge one of my trademarks and copyrights. My trademark attorneys showed that it was an enforceable legal trademark, they backed off quickly and we were able to work together as marketing partners after that.

I digress. That is a nice buck and hopefully it will pass on it's genetics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom