GMU 48- 1st Rifle Bull and 3rd Season Buck

dburnie

I was fortunate enough to draw my first season bull tag and a third season buck tag. Done a lot of scouting and e-scouting as well (even got in a round of golf at the Mt. Massive course haha).

Looking for some advise on the unit. I am not a trophy hunter, looking to fill the freezer (not to say I would pass up a trophy by any means). Just want to get out there and tag out. Bringing my son on his first hunting experience as well (he is 8 and cannot wait).

Looking forward to hearing from those experienced with the unit.

I would love to see some pics too!

My friend and I will be hunting unit 48 1st rifle for elk too. We have only hunted it one other time, about 10 years ago (the year it rained really heavily throughout most of the muzzle loader season), which is why we decided to go with 1st rifle this time.
I passed a 5 X 5 the second morning and ended up with tag soup.
We decided to try a drop camp this year, since hiking in and out of that country every day will wear you out, especially for the 8 year old you’ll have in tow.
The elk are in there, but you’ll still have to work for them. It’s definitely some rugged country so get in as good of shape as you can. Perhaps we’ll see you on the mountain.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom