goat location

mntman

Long Time Member
I have a mountain goat tag for the first time in colorado this year, it is October 1-12. I have been out scouting and found some goats. Will they be in the same general area in october as where they are now?

Will they be more active during october or will they be bedded during the day like I have been finding them currently?

Thanks for the help.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I don't know much about Colorada mtn goats but the ones here in Utah migrate very little to none. They should be in the same general area in October for sure.

Colder weather always brings on a little more activite.

Also, remember that goats move around from one side of the mountain to the other. It's common to hike into an area without finding the goats that were there a couple days before. They are still in the area but just around the corner or over the hill.

My wife's tag is open in Sept but I'd like to wait until Oct for a fuller cape. It's possible that eather will be a real issue in Oct though.

Good luck on your hunt.
Zeke

I had a second season goat tag in 2008. I found that the goats that I had scouted during the summer were scattered pretty good by the first rifle hunters. I ended up taking a goat that I had scouted during the summer because it was in a less traveled drainage (no goats had been reportedly taken from that drainage at least for the last 5 years so I don't think anyone really went in there). First season pressure will really move goats around.
Good luck,
ds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom