Goats - First vs Second Season

NorthSide

I've got a dilemna going. I have enough antelope points (13) to go on the Warner first season hunt or Steens hunt, but I also could put in with a family member (9 points)and we could go on the Warner second hunt .... I have never hunted antelope and would like to tag a mature one for the wall, as I wont draw again for a very long time. So the question is - Is the first hunt going to be that "much" better than the second hunt?

Thanks NS

Me and my friends and family have drawn several warner tags over the last few years. Both 1st and second season. If I were you I would do the 2nd season with a friend. There are lots of antelope and I don't think they are spookier on the second hunt. The rut for antelope is more around the second season also. Most people will kill a small buck early. There are very few hunters left the last half of either season. We have killed mostly 14" bucks with the largest being 15 1/2". None of us have made it past the 3rd day. http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/2375img_0431.jpg

P.S. Don't tease me about the little one in the back, I killed it 20 years ago before I knew anything about antelope

Thanks for the responses. Second season it is. I would love to get a 15" buck, but with it being my first time, judging could be a little tricky.

PS.. Love the mounts, gets the juices flowing a bit.

NS

Back
Top Bottom