Goats

DirtyTough

Ok guys, I am thinking of applying for goats this year. Never applied in Idaho before. The two units I am looking at are 18 and 22. Should I stay away from either? Or are they pretty much the same? I would like to hunt with my bow also if that makes a difference.

Also, since non res can only draw up to 10% that is about 5 tags this year. Is there anywhere on the Idaho F&G site to see how many non res apply overall? Thanks, Branden

here is the website on F&G for last years drawing odds for mountain goat... http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/ch/odds.cfm ....only 2 Non-res were drawn overall, one for each unit. there is not a single goat unit that will draw more than on 1 non-res each year usually and on top of that, quite of few as you can see dont draw any. In terms of the country.... I dont know to much about those units in particular, but I have yet to find a goat in Idaho that wasnt in what i would consider goat country. Steep, rocky and protected. Hells Canyon is an incredible piece of real-estate and is not for the faint hearted, its steep and nasty. That is why the big Sheep grow old in there. The new state record Bighorn just came out of there at 197 and change. As for goats im not sure on the trophy potential but im sure there are some nice ones.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom