Goodbye Western Big Game Hunting

cavemn5050

Sad to say that I won't get to hunt Western Big Game for the next few years.... or any North American Big Game for that matter. I'm taking a job in Norway that leaves right before hunting season starts.

I look forward to hunting the Norwegian Elg (Eurasian moose), reindeer, roe deer, and fallow deer. Plus all the fishing right off the Fjords.

My heart lies with hunting big game out west, and hunting moose with dogs will be a big change, but on the bright side.... when I get back I'll have enough points for a decent archery tag in Utah, and a good/great deer and antelope tag in Wyoming!

Variety is the spice of life cavemn. Hunt em all and send us pics and stories! Good luck!

....take a jacket.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

You don't HAVE to take that job in Norway....the only thing you Have to do is breathe air to stay alive...

>You don't HAVE to take that
>job in Norway....the only thing
>you Have to do is
>breathe air to stay alive...
>

Haha, That's right and we all make choices based on many factory and one BIG factor happens to be money!

But you're right longun, he doesn't HAVE to take the job.

Good luck in Norway and shoot a couple "elk". They're delicious regardless of the language they speak.

Zeke

Maximum utilization of available resources.
Opportunity of a lifetime. Sounds like a great adventure!!

BUDDY........YOUR HUNTING FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT ON BOTH ENDS OF THE JOB SITUATION. CONGRATS TO YOU.....YOUR GLASS IS MOSTLY FULL !!!!...........YD.

Big mistake if Eel goes with you...he'll kill the last turtle in Norway...and you'll be both throwed out of the country..

Zim, Yes, they use dogs to hunt moose, one the dogs find one, they bark and bark and the moose stands there and tries to scare it off. It's also a requirement for hunting most types of big game to have dogs, or have a letter of the dog handler who is on call to track a wounded animal.

Headshot - What type of job is it? I'll be helping them get set-up and maintain their F-35's they are slated to receive.

Homer - I will take a jacket - and some long johns. That close to the North Pole will be cold - along with the ocean breeze.

Longgun - I didn't HAVE to take the job, but I would have regretted it if I hadn't. I've learned not to pass opportunities if there is a chance I'll end up regretting it.

YD - Yes, the glass is very full - might be expensive, but heck - it's worth it. The price of meat from the grocery store is stupid expensive. Hell - the price of everything is stupid expensive.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom