Got my gobbler hanging

utahbigbull

Sorry, wasn't what some pervs were thinking :) This is my 2010 Utah turkey that just got home and on the wall. It was my first year gobbler chasing and I'm hooked! After getting my butt handed to me the first two days, me and my buddy got this one called in. What a rush! It was just like the shows. We got set up in the afternoon up a mouth of a canyon with a creek and cottonwoods running down the middle. We were set up on the edge of the brushline on one side and on the other side of the creek there were some fields we could watch all the way down to the bottom. After sitting for an hour we started calling and right away we could see a flock of birds come rushing from the fields down below us about a 1/2 mile away. I got ready and had my shotgun bead on him for what seemed like hours as this tom was follwing his hens up the field towards us. I had a lone hen decoy set up about 20 yds. in front of me and they were wanting to learn more about her. As they came up and were directly across the creek, my buddy did a wonderful job convincing them to come on over. The whole time this tom was strutted up. We finaly got them to fly across the creek and two hens immediatly came to check out the decoy. As this tom was watching them, he had enough and came in full strut thinking he just found the girl of his dreams. With the heart jumping out of my chest, I was waiting for him to raise that monkey butt looking head of his for the shot but wouldnt quit trying to mount his new girlfriend. I decided to let out a few clucks as I was almost within spitting range and he didn't blink an eye. Finally as I let out some god aweful loud clucks he changed his tune to see what I was. After the hammer came down, he realized this new girl packed a punch! He tipped the scales at 22.6 pounds with a 9 1/2" thick rope beard and just shy of 1 1/2" spurs. Have to say thanks to my taxi for putting up with me!! :)
2085dscn1131.jpg

3194dscn1128.jpg

3663dscn1130.jpg

Awesome looking Mount!

I take it that is the shotgun shell that did the Trick?

Nice Tom!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Thanks guys!
Bess, you guessed it. I figure it adds a little more personal touch having the round that did him in next to him.

congrats on an awesome bird bigbull. great mount and i like the shell laying on the pedistal, nice touch.

Great story and one of the best taxi/pedestal turkey mounts Ive seen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom