Got this year’s Wyoming kill on vid…

797950B7-F5E3-4CCF-A5FE-09003E2CD3F2.jpeg

FA6D2FA1-B362-444B-A005-F82BCD98F572.jpeg

Cool video and beautiful buck! 365yd/s at 5000’ and about 2s from the time he dropped until sound came back from hill behind. Guessing he was 50 yards from base of hill, and also guessing the bullet averages to 2.5x speed of sound so at impact the sound is less than halfway there… so a 400 yard shot, is that close? Ok we will need you to tell us a few more things :LOL:
Congrats

Hey thanks for the kind words, guys. I actually shot him from head on. Neck was all I could use as target as the grass was very tall from where I was. Was only about a 200 yard shot (was able to close the distance from 600 as light was fading). The video was taken from a spotting scope about 800 yards away.

Rifle is Gunwerks 7mm SAUM and I shoot Hornady ELDm 180s. It’s killed numerous antelope, whitetail, mule deer, and a couple elk. I retired my .300 RUM and .300 Win a few years back when I had this built as it’s a lot lighter and handier to pack around (22 inch bbl).

Thanks, I will have to put a tape to it. I don't usually ever measure anything on my critters. If I see it and my heart gets to the right speed, I know it's a shooter. haha.

Out of curiosity, though, any ideas on what he might score? I think it will be one of my five best bucks, scorewise, cause he has deep forks and good length but not sure cause I'm no expert with measuring. I will put a tape to it and do the best I can sometime.

Thanks, I will have to put a tape to it. I don't usually ever measure anything on my critters. If I see it and my heart gets to the right speed, I know it's a shooter. haha.

Out of curiosity, though, any ideas on what he might score? I think it will be one of my five best bucks, scorewise, cause he has deep forks and good length but not sure cause I'm no expert with measuring. I will put a tape to it and do the best I can sometime.
Personally, I find narrow bucks hard to judge. The reason I asked about beam length was because I read an article a couple of years ago that said the inside spread is usually 1" to 2" of main beam length. For example, a 22" inside spread would correlate to a 23" to 24" main beam length. Of the bucks I have killed I have found that to be true. I think your buck would be an exemption. The beams on your buck (at least to me) look 4" to 5" more than the inside spread.

Edit: I just re-read the article. He said 2"-3" more than inside spread.

Last edited:
I'm getting out the fabric tape tonight....ya all post up your guesses.

I would say I can get within 10 inches of being accurate....lmao.

And gross is the only score that matters....ha!

What's the trick to watching these video's on here. I tried to watch one last night and I couldn't get it to work either... I just get a black screen with a bar that looks like a video should be playing but can't see a damn thing.

What's the trick to watching these video's on here. I tried to watch one last night and I couldn't get it to work either... I just get a black screen with a bar that looks like a video should be playing but can't see a damn thing.
I just barely watched it, sitting at the bar currently with a black guy and the video worked, maybe a software update is available if your using a phone or device. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom