Governor's Tag

I'll probably catch a load of crap for this, I'm gonna say NOPE! In my opinion it's unfair to the average Joe DIY sportsman for somebody with a bag of money to go hire a dozen mossback guides to do the grunt work and get flown in the second the desired animal is spotted, squeeze off a shot, and own the world record. Not to mention hunting them with a rifle in prime rut. They should make a desperate book for them.just my opinion

Have to say no if trophy taken with assistance from a number of spotters and client called in just to pull the trigger At the appropriate time. If trophy taken one on one and DIY, may warrant some reconsideration?

>Have to say no if trophy
>taken with assistance from a
>number of spotters and
>client called in just to
>pull the trigger At the
>appropriate time. If trophy taken
>one on one and DIY,
> may warrant some reconsideration?
>

Or something to that effect. . If that would be the case the spider bull would have never been the world record.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-15 AT 01:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-15 AT 11:05?AM (MST)

No.

...hope I have winning ticket tho....I was feeling rich one day and spent $25 on this one lottery ticket.

Fair chase to me means ,fair,as in same as everyone else.Not speacial....

I think they should be entered. The reason I think that is because the record is about the animal in the books, not who killed it. Sure, bragging rights come with being in the book but I look at records to appreciate the animal not the hunter/shooter. Animals that grow impressive headgear on their own, in their natural environment should be in the books. The Spyder Bull is amazing, a beautiful bull, and that is what should be appreciated, not Denny.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

+1.

The record is for the animal, not the hunter.

Plus, I'm not sure the benefit of a Governors Tag is necessarily that much more of a benefit than being lucky enough to be born in a family that owns a ranch or other large piece of property.

Look at all the great animals on Reservations that we just don't have the same opportunity to hunt as Native Americans.

Honor the animal. The animal getting that big is the impressive part, not the guy who pulled the trigger.

Grizzly

Is that fair chase? Hard to justify IMO. Otherwise we should enter the animals in high fence farms or those supplemented by the reservations in the books. Still impressive animals but definitely not fair chase.

As long as it i legal and taken under ethical (legal) means than why not? Who am I to say it is unfair, etc. If I was offered the tag I would not say no.

For me the hunt is more important than the size, so I am not a trophy hunter.

>Is that fair chase? Hard to
>justify IMO. Otherwise we should
>enter the animals in high
>fence farms or those supplemented
>by the reservations in the
>books. Still impressive animals but
>definitely not fair chase.

+1 buddy, well put.

YES IF YOUR LUCKY enough to draw/buy the tag its all about the animal... I feel they should be allowed as long as its fair chase... Some guys have more resources/money than most of us Joe's and we can't hold that against them. I donate every yr. and hope to get the tag before I'm to old.But its not really going to happen but my $ goes for a good cause... And you never know...
Jack

Of course they should count. Where would you draw the line?

Farm raised/high fence are excluded as they should be.

>I'll probably catch a load of
>crap for this, I'm gonna
>say NOPE! In my opinion
>it's unfair to the average
>Joe DIY sportsman for somebody
>with a bag of money
>to go hire a dozen
>mossback guides to do the
>grunt work and get flown
>in the second the desired
>animal is spotted, squeeze
>off a shot, and own
>the world record. Not to
>mention hunting them with a
>rifle in prime rut. They
>should make a desperate book
>for them.just my opinion

If you did that, you'd have to take half the sheep trophies out of the book!

No, the Governor's Tags are still "fair chase", even if you're paying someone to do most of the chasing for you.

Of course...as several have alluded to above, the B&C records program was designed to recognize the animal, as a representative of the quality of the population it came from. Doesn't have Anything to do with the 'hunter', regardless of how the program has become somewhat parodied by the current generation of 'little big man' trophy hunters.

There are several WRs that are 'pickups', including both Bighorn Sheep species. I'm sure the Desert was shot, but no one knows by whom, or under what exact circumstances...the new Rocky WR was hit by a car.

Were those 'Fair Chase'?? Should they be eliminated from the records because some self proclaimed DIY general tag hunters also seem to suffer from a converse form of 'little big man' syndrome?

I think not

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom