Green Mountain Elk

JHas

Spent the last weekend scouting/archery hunting the Crooks Peak side of this unit and seen/heard very few elk. My wife has this tag and we will be looking over the Green Mountain side during the next few weekends.

For those who know, are there typically more elk on the Green Mountain side of this unit?

On a different topic, I could not believe the amount of dead trees on Crooks Peak. I think there were more dead trees than live ones. Is this a Pine Beetle issue? The forest is in pretty bad shape up there.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]I've already read your past opinions Whiskey. Thanks

I remember archery hunting a certain meadow on Green the last two weeks of Sept a few years ago. There was a nice 6x6 hanging in the area as well as a lot of smaller bulls. I never did connect. I spent the night before the rifle opener sleeping in my truck and listening to elk bugle. My plan was to be on the far end of the meadow at first light in case the big one was there. 20 minutes before daylight, some idiots in a Dodge truck drive up to the end of the meadow and turn their lights off. Yep, I'm sure most of the elk didn't even notice them. I was running in the dark to a further adjacent meadow to try and get to the edge before the sun came up as elk had also been using it. Just as a I arrived, here comes some
a-hole on a 4 wheeler driving right through the center of it. Being pizzed off was an understatement. I dropped my head and headed back to the truck with the intent of going home. On the way I glassed a far off meadow and saw a herd of elk. Ended up taking a nice bull. Morale of the story, be prepared to see more atv's and a-holes than you can count on opening day up there...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-11 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]She took this bull with her rifle on the second day of the rifle season. This was her 2nd bull in 5 days as she killed another 6pt on the Central Manti unit in Utah. Needless to say she is a very happy hunter.

2312p1020028.jpg

Congrats to the lady on her nice Bull. Looks like "Lady Luck" is on her side this year....way to go.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

She is having a good year on Bulls. Congrats to the lady for a great season.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom