Greybull

B

Buckrvr1

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-12 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]I can retire from teaching in Illinois in 26 months. However, I am qualified to teach special education in Wyoming. That way, I can keep teaching for as long as I like and near hunting and fishing. I have been through Greybull before. I do not need lots of stores, shops, etc... I just want to be able to hunt multiple game (quality) with places to hunt, and obtainable tags...anyone live in Greybull or know the area well enough to give me the "skinny" on if it would be a good place to live?

greybull sits in a good central location. your close to cody if you need to shop but greybull still has stores to. not to far from montana. its close to the bighorn mountains and close to the abasoaka mountains. being a smaller town the price on housing isnt to horrible. i am only 40 minutes from greybull and my only complaint is when i drive through there is not really much for fast food. it has a&w that is closed a lot but who needs a fast food joint anyway.

I spent one night there in a local Motel and it was a nice quiet town and had one of the best Ham steak dinners in a long time back then, way more food than I could eat.
Met up with the land owner the next day and spent 5 days in the high mountain hunting ranch he had then.

I did notice while in town that they had an BPOE Lodge there and that was nice. Outside of this, can't help you much.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

It has gone Hollywood. Wilford Brimley the actor lives there. I have been in Greybull quite a few times. It is close to Cody and not that far from Billings. I do believe the housing prices are low. The A&W is not always open, so your craving for the Papa Burger may go unsatisfied. The fishing should be good in the Bighorns and the hunting is decent. Not a bad choice.

I wonder how WB picked that little town to live in. Maybe it has good health care facilities, LOL! About all I remember going through there is the airplane graveyard out on the nw side heading to Cody.

Its not a bad little area. You might checkout Worland, Lovell, and Powell as well. Buffalo and Sheridan would also be good choices as far as access to the Big Horns are concerned, but housing would exorbitant. I assume that you have a job prospect there.

I have never spent much time in greybull, im in pinedale but i make semi regular trips over to thermopolis to go pheasant hunting every year and its great. Also the big horns have some great cut throat fishing in those small streams. Both of these are fairly close to greybull. I still wouldn't trade pinedale for the world.

>It has gone Hollywood. Wilford Brimley
>the actor lives there. >

The Hollywood part is sarcasm, I'm hoping. Yes WB lives there, but I don't think he fits into the Hollywood stereotype. I live in the Bighorn Basin and Greybull has always struck me as a junky ugly town. Pretty country all around though. I don't really like Greybull or Basin.

>I would live there
>just to eat at Lisa's!
>

LOL!! I can't remember much about the food, but the whiskey pours awful late!

LOL at WB! I think if I moved out in the Basin section it would either be in Worland or Thermopolis. I have friends in Worland and every time I'm out there I like it more and more. On the other side of the mountains I would probably pick Buffalo. Even though it's a lot smaller, it's not that far north to Sheridan or east over to Gillette for the shopping, etc.

Greybull looks like a good place to be from.

I like Tensleep a lot, Powell seems like a nice area.

Stay thirsty my friends

>Greybull looks like a good place
>to be from.
>
> I like Tensleep a lot,
>Powell seems like a nice
>area.
>
>
>
>
Powell is great. i live right next to the river so there is always someting to do. 45 minutes from the bighorns, and 25 minutes from cody. got good stores to shop at. not far from cody for hunting gear and to get a good steak. also got the polecat bench and the mccoullgh peaks for dirt biking or shooting.

"I am qualified to teach special education in Wyoming".

I would guess you would find a town with a high school that needs a Special Ed teacher then start looking for a place that you can drive to and from with out spending hours on the road.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom