Grizz Region H

W

woodtick

What units in Region H have the grizz in them, I'm sure this is a pretty D!psh!t question! But I'm gonna draw a tag this year and want to stay the hell out of any country that has them in it:D

Thanks gentlemen!

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Just about all of it. The southern end has much less than areas around Yellowstone. Personnally, I think the grizz issue gets overblown. Yes, they are around and you need to be aware but alot of people hunt in grizz country and few real problems arise. That being said, if you are sure you will not be comfortable hunting in grizz country I would pick a different region. I hear Colorado is nice. JK, have fun and best of luck.

I hunted about 25 miles west of Dubois when I drew my Moose tag .I was warned about all the bears in the area by the forest service and the gamewarden.I scouted for 6 days and hunted one day as I got my moose the first day and I never saw any bears.took two days to pack out all the meat and nothing bothered the meat or me.Only saw one other hunter and he was hunting elk.

Thanks guys, I guess I pull my pants up and hope to hell I don't run into one of them:D

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

I scouted and hunted on the southern fringes of the Gros Venture Wilderness in Region H and saw three grizz and one blackie. They were all mindin' their own business though. Just be bear aware and you'll be alright!

Saw tracks of one in the mud(around a small pond) up around North Fork creek area a few years back. Track was wider the my hands put together.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I hunted near Soda Lake and Lander Peak a few years ago and saw lots of grizzly sign (game warden confirmed that a old boar lived in that drainage) but I never saw one. Some locals that were archery elk hunting asked me if I'd seen the grizzly in the area because they wanted no part of him.

I got charged by a black bear when I was still hunting some pines and disturbed her cubs; fortunatley it ended well but I was mightly jumpy for an hour or two :)

I kept a very close eye down wind when I was cleaning and packing out my deer but again no problems.

I think in general there are less Grizz on the south side of highway 191 between Hoback and Pinedale than there is on the north side.

Thanks for all the comments, I'm really at a toss up between region k and h, I feel the trophy potential is bout the same, but I love huntin the high country, I just don't know if my hunting partner will be able to hack the steep stuff anymore!

TICK
TALL, WIDE, AND HANDSOME

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom