GRRRRRRR

justr_86

Long Time Member
My wife went to Heber today to visit some family and noticed a low tire. She took it to les schwab (however you spell it) to have it fixed. The tires are getting close to the wear bars but still have plenty of life (over 6/32nds of tread). She gets a call that scares the crap out of her from them. "Your really lucky this thing hasn't blown on you already! What I did was give you a $20 credit for each tire and I'm throwing on a brand new set of toyo proxes that are rated for 100+ mph it will be done in about ten minutes so come pick it up. She called me cause the bill was $800.

First off you don't put a $800 set of tires on without talking to the owner of the vehicle!
Second you don't lie about the condition of the tires to the customer!
Third you don't tell me I'm stuck with them because they are mounted and balanced!
Fourth I don't need 100+ mph tires for a saturn!
Fifth you don't try to take advantage of a woman not knowing everything about tires especially my wife!
Well he ended up changing them back out and fixing the flat for free.
I will not go back to that store ever again! Any of the chain for that matter!

Sorry had to vent or I was gonna drive to Heber and give him a tune up!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I know a guy that bought a set of (50,000 mile guaranteed) TOYOS from that same Heber store 1200.00 and the were balder than a Beaver at 11,000 miles,I was there & the guy working there said:well keep running them & see how far they will go,They were already spent!
WAFJ that place is!
T'was on a brand new truck.
No lift kit.
No suspension tampering.
And no spinning the tires.
One more thing that CHAPS MY ASS!
You gonna make a trip to HEBER Justr?}>}>}>}>}>

was it a chevy bess...just wondering cause i have a tire problem with mine wearing funny and only getting about 16,000 on a set of tires

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I did some checking around and tjs in roosevelt has tires that will work better for me for less than half the price! They have always treated me, my family, and everyone else I have sent there great! The only reason it went there is because she was out of town.

I might make the trip b_bop I can swing through Altamont on the way if you wanna go for a ride!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hey Hunt,
Not a Chevy.
A GMC }>}>}>
TOYO build some decent wearing tires,these were top end/high dollar JUNK!
Les Scwabs warranty SUCKS!

OK justr,Let's go!}>}>}>

Yeah first set was BFG ats, supposedly at least a 25k mile tire replaced at 17k, second set is bridgstone duelers supposed to be a good snow/ice and long lasting tire about 10k gonna have to be replaced at about 18k...i am gonna go either toyo MT, or maybe the new kevlar wranglers i need a more aggressive tread, i hate having my rear end try to outrun my front end on snow and ice....

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

I have the gooyears on my work truck now they are ok at best in the snow and mud but seem to be lasting ok.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

That qualifies as a whole new "chaps my ass" category! Hate businesses that try to take advantage of their customers and treat them like they are complete idiots and rescue them from their neglect and guilt them into fraudulent purchases.

Glad you got them to take the tires back! If they wouldn't have for me, remember that old Discount Tire commercial where the grandma throws the tire threw the front window?? Well I would feel justified.

What a crock.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Amazing that a "chain" store like that would try to pull that.

I have a some Goodyear Wranglers on my F-350. I have about 25-30K miles on them. Most likely, they will need to be replaced soon. They ride great but for the price I paid, definately not worth the $$$. I want something that will give me 40-50k....

Ya it would qualify for the chaps my ass name.

I told him he could either take the tires off or I get a free set, I am not paying for them and would love to come talk to an officer if he wanted because neither I or my wife authorized them to do it. When my wife went to pick up the car he was very rude and ended up throwing the keys kinda hard to her and said here's your damn car. I will be calling the manager/owner and corporate over this deal! He messed with the wrong guys wife!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

As I have said before and will say again......write a letter to Corporate and copy it to the store manager.

This kind of stuff is BS!

I very strongly suggest nobody goes to this tire store! My wife is getting ready to leave and I had her check the tire to be sure its ok after yesterday. She checks the psi and its got 75 psi in it! Its a car with a max pressure of 35 psi! What the hell is he trying to do? Kill them? He knew full well she has over 100 miles to travel to get home! My kids and wife are supposed to be in the car! Please help me spread the word about this store before someone gets hurt.
My name and contact info are in my profile for founders rules.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

man i would be happy with 30k on a set of tires..i would also recomend writing a letter to the local better buisiness bureau

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

Not to be contrary but just adding to the topic, i've had nothing but years of excellent service from the Les Swab dealer in Susanville Calif.

I have noticed that different stores treat people differently, even had one location try to sell me a new stock chev wheel for almost a hundred dollars, said a small dent on it was the cause of a vibration i asked about, when the problem was something else entirely.

Overall though, i'm more that satisfied with the service i'm getting at Swab.

I do believe the treatment towards your wife was completely out of line though and you are right to demand satisfaction. Good for you in following it through to help from that kind of Krap happening to someone else!!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON May-31-10 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]Joey I agree with you on that. It was a very bad experience and depending on how corporate handles it will determine if I will go to another one of their stores. However I will not go to the Heber Utah store again and I will not recommend them to anyone, I will recommend they go somewhere else and make sure to get the word out. I'm taking this whole deal very very personal! My family could have been seriously injured or killed if she didn't catch it. Maybe nothing would have happened? Either way it is wrong to conduct business this way.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-10 AT 07:26AM (MST)[p]Man i hate les schwab..They did the exact same thing with my mom.
She was running Goodyears, she went into les schwab to get alow tire fixed, and they had her so scared to leave there on those tires she was damn near begging for new tires. I went in there and asked to see her old tires and they said they were already gone, so i went around to where all the old tires were and there they were, man i was pissed. I started in on them and they called the cops. The cop was way cool and apparantly had a similer experiance with em.. We ended up getting the old tires back and the money they charged for disposel but thats it..THEY ARE FREAKING LIARS AND THIEVES..
I have never had a good experiance with them,, their brakes suck and they don't honor their warranty.
I had them install overload airbags and they leaked from day one soon as the air leaked out they rubbed on my tires and rubbed a hole in em, i went back the next day and they told me
to bad my tires were to big and that was the problem they are the ones that said it would work. Went in to get my tires rotated and they alined my front end with out ok-ing it with me
my truck pulled so hard to the right after that i could hardly keep it on the road so they tried it 3 more times and it just got worse.Lots of other things but it would take to long to list em all.. I guess im a slow learner..
I think they are always in to big of a hurry, and quality suffers.. I will never spend another penny with them thieves..

The local Les Schwab has been pretty good, always done good by me.

Two years ago while traveling through Wells, NV on a Sunday I noticed a tire (bought at LS in Fallon) on my trailer had a bulge in it. Called the local Les Schwab store..got a home number of the manager and he wanted $90 an hour just to open up his store to see if he had any trailer tires. And he was two hours out of town. I bought my tires elsewhere...Hankooks was the brand.

BIG O really pizzed me off a few years ago. I got a bill from them for $2200 for tires, struts, alignment and some other stuff on a car I never owned. My ex had taken my personal info and got a credit card with my name on it and got herself some cool things for her car. Signed my name to the charge sheet and off she went.

I called the manager and his response to me was... "well, I didn't do anything wrong" WTF, O, my ex was about 5'4" 130lbs black hair and huge knockers. I was about 6'2" 220lbs with a shaven head. Took me awhile, but they finally wrote it off. I never got an apology from HQ of BIG O. I will never set foot in one of their stores.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Well after a few long conversations with corporate and the store manager and the employee himself I got "he was having a bad day, hope we will be able to earn your business again soon."

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! If this is the way corporate handles things I will not be going to another les schwab store ever again! I'm very very disappointed in the way it was handled/not handled. Everyone was very rude to me and my wife (including corporate). I will leave a review of this everywhere I can. Maybe if it hurts them bad enough they will start treating people better. I'm just one voice so chances aren't good but I'm going to try.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Wow that sucks, and don't you just love the ?sorry he was having a bad day, please come back? B.S. story. I hope you told them to get screwed.

Since the talk is somewhat about tires, I need to get a new set for my truck. Size 33x12.5x18. I have had TOYOS MT on there and liked them, but to aggressive for daily driving. I have been thinking about the nitto terra grappler, and have even though about BigO?s AT due to their services warranty and guaranteeing 50,000 miles for them. Any thoughts

50,000 out of big o's is a long shot. I have nitto at's on my truck now and cant complain too much, great on the highway and in a little bit of mud and snow. They got me as far as I figured I needed to go anyways. I pull quite a bit and they seem to handle the weight good. I would put another set on. I will sale you my set if you want. I'm thinking I want mudders again though, just the kid in me.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom