Gumbo-licious !!

Blank

Long Time Member
Not a real good day today. Root canal and a crown prep. Had to think of something soft, but delicious too, and would take my mind off my jaw!!! Small shrimp, andouille sausage, rotisserie chicken, diced tomatoes, onion, okra, jalepenos, S&P, file gumbo, and red pepper flakes. Served over soft Jasmine rice.

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

Little boxes of frozen okra in the store are nasty. The nice thing about fresh okra is it freezes well without blanching. Each September I will buy a small case, share with friends, and put a years supply in the freezer.

This one inspired me, mama hit the market today with my list. I am gonna make a batch on Saturday. I haven't made gumbo in a couple of years, looking forward to it!

Looks "Delish" Blank ! Funny coincidence- I went in at 7 am and had 2 Crown Preps done. Both far back bottom Molars. I have been sore since noon when the shots wore off. My meal won't be done now until after we eat tonite, but it is Corned Beef Brisket I'm cooking it in a Dutch Oven in the oven.
I'm making two Flats so will have to cook the veggies tomorrow. And I bet you can guess what I will make the day after tomorrow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom