Handing in a turkey tag for a basin boy??

utahbigbull

I have looked all through the proc and can't see if my boy can hand in his turkey tag and get his points back. Anyone know? I just realized he drew his last choice and got a north eastern tag and I have no clue where to get him a thunder chicken over there. I want my 12 year old boy to have a chance on his first turkey hunt and don't think the north eastern unit is it unless I can get some help. I would rather have someone who knows the area have a chance and maybe Bess or Justr can have a go :)

Don't know if you can hand the Tag back for the Points or not?

Which Tag did He draw?

Our Bird numbers are down due to a couple Previous Winters(Not Last years Winter!)Still Birds around but We lost most of Our Mountain Birds a few years ago & this Month could not of helped Our Local Turkey Population with the Temps We've had!

When times get Tough,Predators are making Quick Meals out of Our Birds!

Bad part is Rob,Private LandOwners can see the Bird Numbers are down & they're a little Hesitant to let people Hunt on their Ground & I don't Blame them one bit until the Birds recover some!

Anyway,let us know which Tag He drew?

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

Thanks Bessy. It is the Northeastern LE turkey tag over there in your neck of the woods. Did you ever draw a turkey tag yet ha ha? Its been a while since I have been prowling on here but know you have been trying to get one. You might have one coming :)

I just called the Division office and they said he can hand it back in. I will be out the $35 but he will get his points back. I think the last time I was over there in the basin I was knee high so unless my little man can get help, I think we will just hand it back and wait for a Northern or Central tag.

You can hand it back in and get your points back i did it last year becasue I drew a spring bear tag. You just do not get your money back:(

>Thanks Bessy. It is the Northeastern
>LE turkey tag over there
>in your neck of the
>woods. Did you ever draw
>a turkey tag yet ha
>ha? Its been a while
>since I have been prowling
>on here but know you
>have been trying to get
>one. You might have one
>coming :)
>
>I just called the Division office
>and they said he can
>hand it back in. I
>will be out the $35
>but he will get his
>points back. I think the
>last time I was over
>there in the basin I
>was knee high so unless
>my little man can get
>help, I think we will
>just hand it back and
>wait for a Northern or
>Central tag.

Not trying to Scare you off utahbigbull,We'd be glad to Help,just wanted to SPLAIN the Facts of the Basin!

Depending on the Year/Weather,Our Birds May or may not be migrated back to the Forrest yet for the Early Hunt?

We have a Big Chunk of Reservation between the Private & Forrest Ground!

I've seen a few years where the Early Hunt on the Forrest was Great,but I've seen alot of Hunters Cuss because the Snow was still so deep no birds had made it to the Forrest Ground yet & they basically Ate their Tags!

Not tryin to Scare you utahbigbull,just giving you the Facts,I can't out guess the Weather!

We'd Help you all we can if You Guys decide to keep the Tag!

With the Bird Numbers down in Our area,I don't like Treadin on Private Ground until the Birds come back somewhat,these Private LandOwners have been Great with me & I wanna keep it that way!

I put in for 'Point Only' this year & the last few years bigbull,I've had my Fair Share of Gobbler Tags!

Been lots of changes here in the Lower/Private Ground the last few years,We've lost several spots to hunt due to Habitat/Land being sold/Houses being Built/Oil Wells going in & other things as well!

The Ole World is Changing Quick!

Ha ha, no worries here hoss. Not scaring me, I just feel like a tard for somehow putting him in for over there in the first place.

I appreciate your offer to help and you know the offer stands for you too if theres anything I can ever do to help.

>Ha ha, no worries here hoss.
>Not scaring me, I just
>feel like a tard for
>somehow putting him in for
>over there in the first
>place.
>
>I appreciate your offer to help
>and you know the offer
>stands for you too if
>theres anything I can ever
>do to help.

If you Guys change your mind utahbigbull let us know!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom