Hanna

B

bucks24

I will be hunting around Hanna unit 48. Does anyone have any advice on places to stay?

Thanks Bob

You may want to look at Medicine Bow also. I thought I found a hotel with a restaurant next to it that was reasonable a couple years ago when I was looking.

What HMA are you hunting? I am assuming Antelope is what your after.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-10 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]Virginian Hotel
404 Lincoln Highway, Medicine Bow, WY 82329
(307) 379-2377

Trampas Lodge
108 Lincoln Highway, Medicine Bow, WY 82329
(307) 379-2280 ()

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I believe theres a camp ground in Hanna if you're interested in that. Not sure of the name of it but there is one there.....I'm sure of it. Maybe call Game and Fish....

Steve

I'll be hunting area 48 bewteen Oct. 5th and the end of season. Do you know how long it would take to have your meat package? I also have an Elk tag in New Mexico, with hunt dates 9th - 13th. I want to hunt Wy. first but probably not enough time span.

We always take our animals to Pats Meats on Poison Spider Rd but may do something different from now on. Last year we filled our last two tags on the morning of Oct. 18th. Took them in by noon the same day for processing. Told them we'd like to pick them up as soon as they open on the 20th. They wanted to....and did charge us a rush fee for a two day processing job. They tried to do the same thing the year before to us and we said something about it. They run a 24 hour shop so more than a day and a half is plenty of time to process and at least attempt to freeze the meat. Be prepared for running into the same problem if you want your meat quickly. Good luck!

Steve

there is a meat processor in Hanna, Troy Maddox I believe and also in Rawlins, Trails west. Either one should be able to have it ready in a day. For comping I would stay in a tent at the miracle mile. the north half of this unit has mostly BLM and you get away from the checkerboard to the south.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom