Harder hunt to draw...

luckily I have 9pts on LE Elk but only a couple of points on Desert Big Horn. but I was just curious since we all know that unless you are extremly lucky the LE hunts are a OIYL hunt now also

I would believe the Henry's is the harder of the 3 hunts to draw, but none of them are in the least bit easy!

If you're talking non-resident, the OIL sheep tags are all random draw anyway since they only give out one tag per unit. I'm not sure if one of the desert sheep units gave out two this year, but that still leaves a random tag in each, with extremely few tags.

Perhaps a good question would be, 'which of these tags could be purchased for the least expensive price at auction?' If a guy truly wanted to hunt one of them, that's the way to go.

There are some draws in AZ that are less than 1% draw odds and that is for residents. Both Buffalo and Big Horn sheep are once in a life times tags. Does not get much harder than that

To throw CO in the mix, look at 201 NR elk rifle. It took 19 points to guarantee a tag in 07. There were a ton of people with lesser points that need to be drawn before a person just starting out would even have a chance.

Point creep and no lucky random drawn tags lead you to a real long wait if you started out now. Just guessing it would proably take 30-40 years.

But that has nothing to do with your decision to change your Utah draws. Just a little aside in regards to "hard to draw"

The henries sure seem impossible to me. I have 11 points, if I figure it correctly, I still have 8 more years until I can even draw a muzzle loader tag. That is if nobody else jumps on the wagon. I dont know if I have that much patience!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom