Harry Reid?

IMHO he's just like the rest of the yocals up in DC and will be for whatever will serve his purpose at a certain time as long as it will keep him in his seat and in power up there.

I am not a fan of Harry Reid. But he is solid pro-gun. The NRA supported him for re-election last term, which is probably why he edged out Sharon Angle.

I would have to begrudgingly call him pro-Sportsman.

Grizzly

Absolutely! He is the friend of Sportsmen For Wildlife and will lay the ground work for them to steal big game tags from the public to guarantee his fat cat donors get to hunt every year while the rest of us wonder if we can draw a tag.

From my perspective Reid would have been gone if Angle would have taken her primary defeat and went home rather than split the Republican ticket. Reid is however pro-gun and I believe NRA approved.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-12 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]Well, apparently Don Peay is greasing the wheels of Mr. Reid pretty heavily:

DON PEAY (SPORTSMEN FOR FISH & WILDLIFE/FOUND), (Zip code: 84010) $2250 to FRIENDS FOR HARRY REID on 09/22/10

SUE PEAY (N/A/HOMEMAKER), (Zip code: 84010) $2250 to FRIENDS FOR HARRY REID on 09/22/10

http://www.city-data.com/elec2/10/elec-BOUNTIFUL-UT-10.html

Good to see that SFW money going to projects on the ground...

It's a mixed bag w Reid. He is powerful and has done some pro gun and pro hunting things. However, he then goes and approves the two most anti gun supreme court justices you can imagine. He is one of the leaders of a a party whose platform doesn't support guns and hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-12 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-12
>AT 02:20?PM (MST)

>
>Well, apparently Don Peay is greasing
>the wheels of Mr. Reid
>pretty heavily:
>
>DON PEAY (SPORTSMEN FOR FISH &
>WILDLIFE/FOUND), (Zip code: 84010) $2250
>to FRIENDS FOR HARRY REID
>on 09/22/10
>
>SUE PEAY (N/A/HOMEMAKER), (Zip code: 84010)
>$2250 to FRIENDS FOR HARRY
>REID on 09/22/10
>
>
>http://www.city-data.com/elec2/10/elec-BOUNTIFUL-UT-10.html

>
>
>Good to see that SFW money
>going to projects on the
>ground...

Seems to me I should be savings my cash as the UT model of selling tags to the highest bidder is coming to Nevada! No waiting in line!!!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Hint - research the wolf issue.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

Reid was one of the main players who stopped USO in its tracks when it tried to get rid of th e NR permit caps in several states. He sponsored a federal law that left the management of a state's wildlife to the state.

See my message #33 in this thread:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID33/1816.html

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

politics is a dirty business, like making sausage, you don't want to see it being done. Harry has been good for sportsmen, not only on firearms the nonresident tag issue, and wild horses, he was also instrumental in preserving wilderness in Nevada, and over the long run thats best thing he has been able to do. I also believe he would be a major force in stopping any bills to sell off public land.

Harry Reid also got 58k from the League of Conservation Voters in his 2010 Senate re-election bid. Jon Tester has received 40k (his second largest donation)from the League of Conservation Voters for his 2012 Senate re-election campaign. Check out who sits on the Board for the League of Conservation Voters. Politics surely makes for some strange bedfellows.

Politicans are famous for taking money from both sides. The only question it leaves you with is what will they do when they have taken money from both sides of an issue that appears before them. I know, they always vote their conscience or in favor of what their constituent's want.

just sayin

Oh no!
How should we answer that so we don't upset Buzz?
Please just tell up what you want to hear so we can all get along!

LMAO,
Zeke

The problem with politicians like Reid is if you want to play you have to pay. So if you want to have a serious talk with Reid about say delisting wolves you had better make a sizeable campaign donation or you will only get some low level staffers or a minute or two at some event that they wont even remember in a week or two.

He is only pro-gun because most of NV is pro-gun. He is a friend of the enviros. Let's see if he even brings up the right to carry in all states bill passed by the House. He is pro-gun in not letting restrictions go through, but will he let a pro-gun bill even be heard. Not sure if he is the friend of hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom