Hasselback Potatoes and Prime Filet

Blank

Long Time Member
Needed to play for an hour while the wife was down playing cards. Hadn't done these Hasselbacks for a while. Basically a baked potato on steroids!!

Sliced potatoes, coated in butter/oil/spices. Bake for 45 minutes then insert cheese and add bacon and green onions. Baked the final 20 minutes white doing your steak. Pretty delicious!! :)

IMG_6506.jpeg

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6511.jpeg

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6521.jpeg

The real key is to not cut all the way thru. I lay two wooden spoons down on either side of the potato. Then cut straight down until you hit the round wooden rod. Perfect depth and cut every time!!

No too bad Ol Boy , I would eat leftovers of that meal ! Way to go !
I made Ribeye steaks last nite on the Traeger , Yams in the oven , and steamed asparagus. It was amazing but we were in a hurry to go see tvs Bob Marley movie and I forgot to take pics.
I am making Venison Snack Stix today. I hope I can find some pork or beef fat. They didn't have any at Winco last nite, and I just thawed 6.5 lbs of Venison.
We've been looking to buy a more rural home here these last few weeks. 560 k is about the starting price for something with an acre and shop. Ugh

When you have a tough time finding your suet, just mix in boneless pork shoulder. it's usually around $2/lb and already about 50/50 and gives all the fat you need plus mellows out the venison taste a little.

Needed to play for an hour while the wife was down playing cards. Hadn't done these Hasselbacks for a while. Basically a baked potato on steroids!!

Sliced potatoes, coated in butter/oil/spices. Bake for 45 minutes then insert cheese and add bacon and green onions. Baked the final 20 minutes white doing your steak. Pretty delicious!! :)

View attachment 138114

View attachment 138115

View attachment 138116

View attachment 138117

View attachment 138118
that looks great never had those kinds of potatoes

When you have a tough time finding your suet, just mix in boneless pork shoulder. it's usually around $2/lb and already about 50/50 and gives all the fat you need plus mellows out the venison taste a little.
I found beef suet at Broulims. I had a fun time with Mrs DM getting it right so they weren't under or overstuffed. I'm going to cut them the length of my racks, set them in straight along the rack lines. I am not sure about hanging. I think there needs to be a twist area where they will hang. Maybe next time. This is about 8 lbs and I have enough Deer left in the freezer for a 10 lb batch. I'm keeping a journal on everything so I know how many lbs work food etc on everything plus times they cooked etc.
Life is busy, I have so much to do.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom