Hatfield knife question????

RELH

Long Time Member
Gentlemen, I have a dilemma. I have prepared 12 O-1 hi-carbon steel knives for a upcoming knife-gun show this month. The show was cancelled and may not be another for a year or more. These hi-carbon steel knives have been heat treated to 59-60RC and will hold a sharp edge over the majority of factory knives. Most are drop point hunters with 3-1/2 to 4 inch blades. Three knives are small hunters with 3 inch blades.
If I put these knives on MM to sell at a reduced price, $120.00 for the larger knives and $60.00 for the small 3 inch knives, will there be enough interest to invest my time to do this.
The three small knives are perfect knives for the young upcoming hunter in the family and the larger knives will give great service but require more maintance in the field then my stainless steel knives.
Let me know what you hunters think before I invest the time on taking photos and posting the knives. Custom leather sheath is included with all the knives.
SORRY BESS, NO GUT HOOKS IN THE MIX. RELH
:love::love:

As Christmas gifts I think they’ll get snapped up on MM in a day or two. I already own one of your knives but I’ll take a large one and a small one, sight unseen.

Please consider 2 for them sold. How would you prefer payment my friend.

If you want a knife, send me a email at [email protected]
I have already sold the three small knives and two of the larger drop point hunters to members that contacted me via email or PM on this site. Email will get the best results of first come, first serve.
RELH

O-1 hi-carbon steel heat treated to 60 Rockwell is perfect, IMO. It requires more sharpening but is very easy get sharp compared to Stainless Steel. At least in my experience. I bet even SS could sharpen one. Well, that might be a stretch.

RELH, could I trade my....never mind I see they're sold. :)

Gentlemen, I have a dilemma. I have prepared 12 O-1 hi-carbon steel knives for a upcoming knife-gun show this month. The show was cancelled and may not be another for a year or more. These hi-carbon steel knives have been heat treated to 59-60RC and will hold a sharp edge over the majority of factory knives. Most are drop point hunters with 3-1/2 to 4 inch blades. Three knives are small hunters with 3 inch blades.
If I put these knives on MM to sell at a reduced price, $120.00 for the larger knives and $60.00 for the small 3 inch knives, will there be enough interest to invest my time to do this.
The three small knives are perfect knives for the young upcoming hunter in the family and the larger knives will give great service but require more maintance in the field then my stainless steel knives.
Let me know what you hunters think before I invest the time on taking photos and posting the knives. Custom leather sheath is included with all the knives.
SORRY BESS, NO GUT HOOKS IN THE MIX. RELH
:love::love:
Bob

send me pics of the small knives

O-1 hi-carbon steel heat treated to 60 Rockwell is perfect, IMO. It requires more sharpening but is very easy get sharp compared to Stainless Steel. At least in my experience. I bet even SS could sharpen one. Well, that might be a stretch.

RELH, could I trade my....never mind I see they're sold. :)
Hahaha not a chance!

I’m a custom knife maker… I see your adds posted and wonder how you’re making any money at all on them. Your awesome knives are priced well below where they should be in my opinion…

Todd

Todd it is a hobby with me. I do not depend on it for a living. As it stands I make about 19-20 dollars per hour on the S30V knives. On the 0-1 carbon steel knives a burger flipper at MacDonalds makes about twice per hour then I do. I am planning to drop making the 0-1 knives and stay with S30V and Damascus knives.
When I started out hunting in my early 20's, I always wanted a custom knife, but could not afford it with taking care of my family. I try to keep my prices down where more hunters can afford to buy one of my knives.
RELH

nvguy2 I do not recall seeing your email. Are you sure you used the correct email address?
RELH

Is this the right email? This is where I sent it.

IMG_5337.jpeg

Yes, that is the correct email. Some how I missed it and deleted it by accident as I had a ton of emails on selling all those knives.
As for knives, everyone has been sold except for this one.
RELH

000_1539.JPG

I need to put in another knife order before Bob decides to retire from knife making. Probably put an order in after Christmas know it’s a busy time for him.

Got three of your knives for my groomsmen in 2017... The only thing I regret is not also getting myself one. I need to correct that sooner than later.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom