Have a Look! !

H

hoofsandhorns

Ever get that funny feeling you are being followed?

2053dscf2783.jpg

4669dscf2799.jpg

Wow, I bet he wished he had something bigger to shoot with. Nice pics thx for sharing!

-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

WOW.......THATS A DAMM BIG CAT...........I ALWAYS HAVE A PISTOL ON ME.........THANKS FOR THE PIC................YD.

cool photos but I would guess that is a lion that he raised and is just taking it out for a walk and then the pictures get on the internet and wa-laaaa! we have a lion stalking a man....

I could be wrong though.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>cool photos but I would guess
>that is a lion that
>he raised and is just
>taking it out for a
>walk and then the pictures
>get on the internet and
>wa-laaaa! we have a lion
>stalking a man....
>
>I could be wrong though.
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>

Either that or he was photographing the cat on a kill, and the cat did not take too kindly to him being there. That was my first thought anyway.

Is T-Final in the cats Belly?:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I have to agree on the body lanuage that indicates this is not a friendy walk with his pet cougar.
The first photo is the stalking phase and when the man turns and looks directly at the cougar, the cougar goes into the "fight or flight" phase trying to determine if this is a meal worth attacking.

RELH

I would bet that it isn't a PET. The cat looks like it wanted to get some food and it didn't matter much if it was on 4 legs or 2 legs.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

This cat looks to have been sizing him up for quite a while... Comparing photos, there are 2 dark spots in the snow in the bottom-right of the upper picture. You will notice they are in the upper-right corner of the second photo. I estimate the man and cougar have moved roughly 75 yards down the road in between pictures...

The guy taking the photos must have had a rifle or something- would any of you not go to your friends side if a cougar was that close..?? Or quite honestly- shot the cat when he was running up behind him as it appears he is doing in the top photo..? Even with a rifle, I would have still been closing the distance... It throws skepticism onto the photos... But still...

Amazing..!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Not a cat expert but that cat looks a little "chunky" the way pet cats start looking. Ever see those too up close Grizzly shots. They actually tame animals that people take out to natural locations for photographs. Seen it with bears, wolf, eagles, owls ,foxes, etc... This seems like that type of situation. I could be wrong though.

Always interesting to see some of the comments that are posted when sharing various images. Anyway the guy walking down the road is me. The guy taking the pictures is my brother. We treed and tranquilized this cat about an hour before these shots were taken. I stayed back to make sure the cat came out of the drug ok and to get a few shots. To our surprise the cat didn't do what they normally do after being handled like this when they come to which is high tail it in the opposite direction when they gain their faculties. Instead this big male decided he was going to follow me down the road for a ways to make a point. He had a bit of a lip on no doubt but he eventually wandered off in the bush where I got a few more shots and then left him go about his business. Go to the Mt. Lion album in the Nature gallery on my web site for those shots. www.sinclairimageryinc.com

Hope you enjoy.
Rod

So you didn't rent a tame mountain lion to follow you around the hills in order to get Brent to take these shots???????????? Just kidding Rod.

What will be interesting will be the story attached to these when they start making the rounds and become another internet urban legand.

"Man who ate elk steak the night before was passing gas as he was hiking and attracted a poor starving mountain lion." or some other made up BS like that.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-11 AT 01:13AM (MST)[p]hoofsandhorns,

After reading your history and background, I wondered if you might have any similar images that you may have collected over the years of the contestants of the Calgary Stampede from the 1920's and 1930's such as the one below?

Thanks,
DC

2475calgary1932-15.jpg

Enlarged Section

8122sectioncalgary_1932.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-11
>AT 01:13?AM (MST)

>
>hoofsandhorns,
>
>After reading your history and background,
>I wondered if you might
>have any similar images that
>you may have collected over
>the years of the contestants
>of the Calgary Stampede from
>the 1920's and 1930's such
>as the one below?
>
>Thanks,
>DC
>
>
2475calgary1932-15.jpg

>
>Enlarged Section
>
>
8122sectioncalgary_1932.jpg

No I don't have anything from that era.Just a few of my Dad in the 50's.
4013dad-bronc-riding-at-calgary.jpg

7527rcs_6477.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-11 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3800clarkmlund.jpg

Amazing. What a small world it is. The guy setting under the red arrow in this picture is in the wide picture from 1932. He's my mother's brother, Clark Lund. What's amazing is that he is the flag man in the second picture you posted of the steer decorators in 76.

I've got a bunch of family members on individual images from the Stampede, I love to enlarge them and look at the old gear and clothes those old boys wore. Neck ties and wire ring arm bands while they were riding broncs, etc. Some of the old fellers in the wide image are wearing street shoes with spurs. Love it.

I want to collect as many of these old wide angle prints of the old Stampede contestants as I can find. If you should encounter any more during your travels, I'd sure appreciate knowing about them so I can pursue a copy for my collection.

Bye the way, I have really enjoyed your wildlife images over the years, it's very clear you have a great talent beyond the arena.

DC

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-11
>AT 05:29?PM (MST)

>
>
3800clarkmlund.jpg

>
>Amazing. What a small world
>it is. The guy setting
>under the red arrow in
>this picture is in the
>wide picture from 1932.
>He's my mother's brother, Clark
>Lund. What's amazing is
>that he is the flag
>man in the second picture
>you posted of the steer
>decorators in 76.
>
> I've got a bunch of
>family members on individual images
>from the Stampede, I love
>to enlarge them and look
>at the old gear and
>clothes those old boys wore.
> Neck ties and wire
>ring arm bands while they
>were riding broncs, etc.
>Some of the old fellers
>in the wide image are
>wearing street shoes with spurs.
> Love it.
>
>I want to collect as many
>of these old wide angle
>prints of the old Stampede
>contestants as I can find.
> If you should encounter
>any more during your travels,
>I'd sure appreciate knowing about
>them so I can pursue
>a copy for my collection.
>
>
>Bye the way, I have really
>enjoyed your wildlife images over
>the years, it's very clear
>you have a great talent
>beyond the arena.
>
>DC

Small world for sure. I remember my Dad telling me about Clark flagging for a number of years at Calgary. I'll keep my eyes open for any of the shots you are looking for. Thanks for the back slap.

Rod

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom