HB2072 up front again!!!

R

runningbird

Well everyone, We have our work cut out for us!!!! This was actually the second meeting with the Governors staff. Suzanne and Alan Hamberlin have made it clear that they are pushing forward with this bill. So the Governors staff was fully aware that this is a controversial issue . It is time to really hammer Both the Governors office and ALL the legislatures.

This may end up has a Striker Bill.

A Striker would be a Bill that has already made it through Committee hearings.
Then on the Floor someone could "Strike Everything" - meaning the language in that bill.
They would then insert the language that was HB2072, vote on it, and its on its way to the Governor.
If we put enough pressure on both the legislature and the Governors office, then they will
have to make a choice between Alan Hamberlins money and your votes at the next election.

If you have the ability to go down in person and meet with legislatures that would be most effective.

Remember at all times to be respectful.

I am going to supply a link to an overview of this bill. http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocumen.../h.hb2072_01-09-12_com.doc.htm&Session_ID=107

Now I am going to show a portion of that bill that is very concerning.

DISTRIBUTION OF PROCEEDS BY QUALIFIED ORGANIZATION
? Applies the proceeds from the resale of tags to cover all costs associated with the annual Arizona sportsmen exposition and county chapter banquets.

? Directs remaining monies to programs and costs of administration to achieve these purposes:
 Youth sportsmen education and outdoor programs.
 Access for sportsmen to cross private lands onto public lands.
 Sustain, enhance and increase habitat and big game species.
 Facilitate education and communication programs relative to sportmen and wildlife.
 Protect sportsmen's heritage and conduct activities to promote the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.

Read the first line!!! It is my feeling that this opens the door for a lot of people to get paid!

I don't think there will be any funds left for the AZGFD after the sale of these tags!

Mark

Anybody got a link to the state legislature with email addresses, phone numbers, etc?

That would be helpful.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]Anyone have a list of the orgs that have voiced their stand against Azsfw. Like the turkey federation and Yuma rod and gun? Would appreciate it.

Yuma valley rod and gun club is against it as well. I know there are a few others but I can't remember who.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Thank you and your orgs for stepping up and showing who you support it means a lot to your membership. I hope others join in our stance although I'm not going to hold my breath at this point.
I am meeting with a member of the legislature tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome by pm when I'm done. Thank you again.
JD

SFW really wants this bill and they will probably get it sooner or later because of lobbying and money. After all politicians will be deciding on it and through lobbying and money look at what they have done to this country. What happens when the next org. comes along and decides they too need several hundred big game tags.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom