Headed to 27

My son and I are hoping to get out on the road to 27 Wednesday night after work (I got a big project I need to get out the door before I leave). I have the archery tag and will be there the entire season. Then we will hop over the border into NM for a early season rifle hunt in the Gila Wilderness (my son has the early rifle tag). 4 weeks hunting/scouting elk!!!!!!
I can't wait.

What a lineup of tags SDBugler! Good luck!
Yes our family was blessed with some great elk tags this year! After my middle son and I get back from our AZ and NM hunts, we have a month break and then will head out to Cody Wyoming to help my oldest son with his late season migration hunt in unit 56. I will take another two weeks helping him.
Total of 6 weeks hunting elk this fall (y)

Yes, I was able to hunt 12 days and had 2 mornings and one evening that was "good". The rest of the 9 days there was very little bugling and tough hunting. I did have 2 very nice shooter bulls in range but completely blew it in one day but again, I messed up and was not knocked and ready.
I kept thinking as the hunt went on that things would get better or the cows would start going into estrus but it never really happened.
I knew 5 others with tags that I was talking to or texting on a daily basis during the hunt and they all were experiencing the same days and evenings as me and a few even gave up and went home after a week! Sounds like unit 1 was about the same.

Curious how the rifle/muzzleloader hunts are going in 1/27 ?
Jeff

I’m definitely excited to hear how the hunt is going and 27. I have the late archery tag which I know is going to be difficult but would love to hear any info or insights from anybody that’s been up there so far this year! Good luck to everyone with the raffle tag, send any pics of the bulls you guys have killed would love to see them.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom