Help. Antelope score question?

Craig

Very Active Member
I am trying to score my Antelope I shot in Wy this last year. He is tall and his prongs are real high on his horns. His 3rd circumfrence goes right across his prong. Is that were i would measure? or go above or below the prong?

the top of the piece of tape is the mark.
photo-1.jpg

027jpg25jpg_thumb.png

024jpg25jpg_thumb.png

IMG_1598.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 02:41PM (MST)[p]As far as I know every antelope gets 2 mass measurements below the prong and 2 above.

Check out the B&C website, they have all the particulars...heres what you're looking for:

Divide Measurement C of the longer horn by four. Starting at the base, mark both horns at these quarters (even though the other horn is shorter) and measure the circumferences at these marks. If the prong interferes with D-2, move the measurement down to just below the swelling of the prong. If D-3 falls in the swelling of the prong, move the measurement up to just above the prong.

Cool buck...

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]You already have the info you need, but that is a nice looking euro and pedestal you have there. My guess is 76.

You're probably right on. The first picture looked like it had pretty good mass above the prong.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom