help me decide on deer second rifle, 16 NR points

buckhunter64

I accompanied a hunt on unit 2 with my dad three years ago and he killed a 173 buck but we did not see a lot of deer. I think I can draw units 2, 201,10 but only in second season and not 3rd season. What do yall think? Coloradoboy will you pm me please. Thanks

On that hunt I was limited to taking a 74 year old man who could not walk too good on a hunt to burn his points. And, he wasnt willing to hire an outfitter. Unit 2 worked out great for him since it was cheap and extremely easy access and mild terrain.He was out $1450 for a good buck from doorstep to doorstep, and $700 of it was gas. This time, they will know they have been hunted when I leave!

10 is really struggling to maintain deer numbers and low densities are normal in these units. You won't see a lot of deer but with the current management style the deer are given opportunity to get some age. You already have put your boots on the ground in 2 and this to me would way heavily into my descisson especially with 16 point being used. Any experience with the other units you mention?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom