Help with unit 7 or unit 10 sheep

3feathers

My wife and I are going to draw sheep this year after applying for 17 years. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at unit 7 or 10. Thank you Mark

I don't know anything about area 7, but I drew a unit 10 sheep tag in '95. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then but I would be willing to share what I know. It was a wonderful yet hard hunt! I have two pictures of me with my ram above my desk and I look back on that hunt with appreciation and awe. Good luck on the draws.

According to Eastman's journal MRS section, both areas 7 and 10 are good areas, but they indicate that unless you are guided, they could be tough hunts. The success rates in those units are not nearly as high as the units around the p success.ark.
They rate areas 1-5 as being excellent and give you a much better chance at finding a ram to harvest.
With 17 points, I would personally be putting in for one of those better units. I hunted area 4 back in O4 and had a great hunt.
Good luck and let us know what you do.

Tough hunts, if you know nothing of either area I would plan on hiring an outfitter. I agree with L.B., with max points you could choose from a number of better units.

First off I wish you the absolute best luck. Area 7 is a ball buster to hunt becuase the sheep stay on private. You could get very lucky and nab one on public but your going to have to pay to shoot some good rams.

>First off I wish you the
>absolute best luck. Area 7
>is a ball buster to
>hunt becuase the sheep stay
>on private. You could get
>very lucky and nab one
>on public but your going
>to have to pay to
>shoot some good rams.

You have your units crossed up, almost all the sheep in 7 live in wilderness.

Yes I do! Please forgive me. I get things mixed up and thought that you were referring to 7 as the same unit as the elk. I don't know these areas and I am sorry for even commenting on this topic. Still good luck to ya. Again I was wrong.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom