Helping the elk out this year

riverrat

Finally got a buddy to go out hunting with me this morning even though it was 5 below zero we had a great time. Got to tag my first wolf here in Idaho. Not much of a story except for heard a pack howling and was able to howl with my voice enough to convince this female to come out at about 400 yards. The shot was not the best but slowed it down enough to track it and get in for a final shot. Hope everyone can get out and help out our elk herds and get a few of these. This was in the Grangeville area by the way. JM

763image.jpg

Big dog!

I admit it's a pretty hard shot to hit one in the wrist. Just kidding...

Enjoy that rug, it's a good looking animal. Curious to see the kill numbers this year vs the last two, my guess is they will be a lot lower.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I should of hid that foot I guess. Never been a good picture taker. I think with the cold temps out and maybe a little excitement my bullet hit a little off of what I was hoping. Anyhow I slowed it enough to get it done.

Just be careful what you do with this photo and where you post it. Antis will jump on this as an example of how hunters are maiming their precious wolves and they will try to exploit this. Hunters understand that sometimes bad shots are made and you do everything you can to follow up but the antis will only see that this wolf suffered some amount of pain.

My personal thanks to you for killing a wolf, now get back out there with more tags and get some more.

Well done riverrat!
I hope to share my wolf photo in a coming year also... soon.
Zeke

Went out again this weekend for a bit chasing those darn wolves around but didn't have much luck. Started 9'oclock Friday night We left the house and put 125 miles on my side by side and only cut one fresh young lion track. Wolves must of moved into a different area for awhile. I did come across something I have never seen or have any idea what happened except for a thought that maybe wolves got it. It was a bobcat tore completely in half, the back half was just laying in a road that had not been traveled on for at least a couple weeks. No blood or hair, some old tracks before the last snow looked to be wolf but not completely sure
4686032.jpg

Hope that photo is not to strong for the ANTI's, if it isn't I have one more that might be though. This was a year or so ago on a spring horn hunting trip. The wolves had run this nice bull down a steep hill and pushed him off a 30' bluff into the spot I found him. This picture is one of the many I have of wolf kills that keep me going out weekend after weekend.
158wolf_kills_010.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom