Hen Turkey Paunsaugunt

elknut

I have a "hen" turkey tag this spring, any advice for "hen" turkey hunting on the Paunsaugunt will be helpful. I will NOT be hunting for a trophy "tom" so no need to worry about giving out any "honey holes"!

OK you shed hunters where are the turkeys?

YOU GOTTA BE $HITTIN ME???

WE'RE HUNTIN HENS NOW???

GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!!!

IF THIS AIN'T JUST LIKE DEER MANAGEMENT I AIN'T NEVER SEEN IT!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

BY THE WAY???

HOW DO YOU TELL A TROPHY HEN FROM A SUB TROPHY HEN???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

How in the world did you get a "hen" tag?

They must be trying to get those tom to hen ratios back into order:)

It's a proven fact that hen turkeys eat sagebrush seeds, that in turn competes with Mule deer habitat, thus the Utah DWR and NWTF is trying to keep the hens in check to recover the Paunsaugunt deer numbers. I got my hen turkey tag during the SWF Banquet drawing; they have a ton of them.

Prism -tom to hen ratios recovered in 06 however we need to shoot a few more hens or reintroduce wolves!

I didn't think I would need to explain so much just to get some help here:) I guess I better just take a drive.

How can one get himself a "hen" tag? My wife has a Tom tag and I'd like to keep the population even. Shouldn't have any problems finding a hen or tom in that country. That'd make a cool mount too. A hen and tom doing what they do:) Strutting of course.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom