Henry Mtns Bison

C

CHWine

I'm obviously new to the board.

I've got 10 Bison points (and 11 elk) and have been waiting. I've already submitted for points again this year as I have other things planned for '09.

My questions is: are the Henrys possible to hunt with using ATV's for game recovery or is it too rough. I'd like to not have to hire an outfitter with horses if possible.

I'm also thinking about not waiting for the bull hunt and hunting for a cow next year as I'm really after a decent hide, the adventure and the meat. I can't hunt in October as my work (wine business) makes that impossible.

Thanks for any help.

It is possible, depending on where you find the bison. Be aware that much of the area is restricted against ATV use and there are BLM staff in the area specifically watching to see if people ride in off-limits areas.

ATVs are great for covering a lot of ground on the main roads. The nearest gas station is a long ways off. The bison are very spooky and the distant sound of an ATV is enough to send them running.

Flint,
I'm also researching the Henrys for a bison hunt.
How far is "a long ways off" to get to a service station?
Thanks,
Herb

Gas station is in Torey which is about an hour away. I have 1 under max points for Buffalo and I probably won't draw for it for another 3 years. I do know people who have drawn it with less points. The odds are NOT GOOD with 10 points.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I must have missed a point in your original post. If you put in for a cow hunt you WILL draw it. I think it's only taking 5 or 6 points to draw a cow tag. You shouldn't need an outfitter. Plan on a week. The hardest thing is finding them. It's amazing how such a big animal can hide.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom