Henry Mtns cow bison

capls5264

Officially received notification of drawing a once in a lifetime cow bison tag for first cow season for Henry Mtns in Utah. Can't wait to start scouting.

no guide needed unless you don't have any friends to help you pack it out. there are plenty of bison, especially cows, near enough a road you shouldn't need anything but some good friends and a little time. congrats on a great tag. soak it in.

dang you took my tag. I applied for this hunt as well with 8 didn't draw but there is always next year. Good luck on your hunt if you need help let me know ill be down there for the earlier bull hunts.

www.hightopoutfitters.com

How is the first bison hunt going? I will be heading up to McMillan Springs, Bull Pass and Steven's Mesa tomorrow to scout. Will let you know what i see.

Good luck! I got my cow last year hunting with High Top Outfitters (I was one of those that got the call in late november last year. Add that to a full courseload at school=no time to scout, so HTO saved my bacon! Worth every penny) We ended up getting my cow just off the road headed toward tarantula mesa. Just take your time, it is amazing how well they can hide in every little ripple/crease in those "open" areas.

I know there was a bull bison taken near the Tarantula Mesa turnoff during the first season on the side of the road. The bison were extremely hard to find during the first hunt this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom