Hi all-First post here-looking for J deer in Wyoming

• Thread starter whitetailaddict
  • Start date
W

whitetailaddict

Hi guys,

Heard about the site from the guys on bowsite, so here I am. Looking forward to reading some stories.

I am heading for unit J in Wyoming on Friday. Wondering if anyone has been in the area recently, and if anyone would offer starting points and/or suggestions. Thanks

WTA

Whitetailaddict- Welcome to the site! You'll find a lot of good info from a lot of the guys here. I have only hunted a private ranch about 20 minutes east of Glenrock. This was about 3 years ago and the area didn't hold any quality bucks that we saw. The public ground that we checked out (Box Elder) held no deer that we saw. We talked to some guys that had doe tags and they filled out. One guy had a buck tag and got nailed by the warden for shooting at a big muley decoy that the warden had set out near a road. They got busted for shooting off the road. Idiots!! Hopefully, you can find someone to give you better info that mine! Good luck on your hunt. My Dad and I are heading out for Region D on Monday the 13th.

Steve

no I didn't, I looked at them earlier in the year, and didn't know anything about them. I need to look into them, and learn more. Seems like they open at different times, with limited numbers, but not sure how it all works.

Get on the wyo division of wildlife site and learn about it. Not sure if you know this or not but there is ALOT of private land !! Public areas with good deer may be harder to find than you think even if there are deer aong the road where I was telling you to look. Gary

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom