High country lion

H

hoofsandhorns

Here's a cat my nephew Tanner killed a few days ago. Went out by himself with the hounds and treed this nice Tom. When he went to stick the cat he realized all his arrows were broke. Somehow he got a couple fixed enough to try and kill this cat. Long story short it was getting so late in the day he had to leave the cat in the tree with the dogs over night and return the next morning with his Dad Brent to get the cat. The dogs were still barking treed when they got there late the next morning. To make it even more exciting, on his way down off the mountain he fell throught the snow on top of a grizzly in it's den. It was quite an experience but he lived to tell about it. Anyway here are a couple shots of his hunt and cat. He estimated the cat to weigh around 140 lbs.
4b3286483710144d.jpg

4b3286713794bc1a.jpg

Right on man congrats for takin a cat and I give you much props for takin it with a bow! I have a lion hunt here in New mexico at the end of January. hope to get one. Congrats an!

That sounds like a good time.A hunt to remember for sure. great pics, gotta luv those black n tans an blueticks.

That is a great story and a tremendous trophy. I am surprised that cat didn't jump from the tree over night. Congratulations to the hunter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom