High Uintahs Help

cyrus

I am planning on a week long backpacking trip this summer somewhere within the high uintahs. I have never traveled very far back into the interior and am unsure where to start. Preferably I would like to find the least visited/most remote places possible for a week of people free camping and fly fishing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

There are too many "nuts" like us running around now that are willing to go the extra mile (literally) that its hard to find a place not highly sought after or visited up there. Anson lake is a decent hike in and can be accessed from several different trail heads. Great fishing and a fun hike in. Please come back and post pictures of the fun you've had no matter where you chose to go.

My favorite are on the north slope is to hit the trail heads at Spirit Lake. You can find as much solitude as you like depending on how far in you go. All the lakes clear up into the wilderness area had hit and miss fishing however they poisoned the whole drainage a couple years back to plant the Colorado cut. Not sure if the fisheries are established yet.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-16 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]It will take some planning a preparation but you should look at doing the Highline Trail from end to end. It runs east/west down the whole length.
Google it and you'll find plenty of info.
I'll be doing it next year before I get too old. I'll be 63 or 64 depending on when I do it but I'll do it with a youngster (my 58 year old brother. Ha)
Have fun!
Zeke
P.S. For a shorter hike, come in from the west on the said trail and climb over Rocky Sea pass and into Lightning Lake area and spend a few days exploring all the lakes in the basin and hike back out when you're done.

Zeke,
I have a hankering to do the highline as well. I would love to join you guys if you will have me. I will carry the extra mosquito repellent to slow me down.

alpinebowman of Dark Archer Customs, Maker of fine strings and bow tuner
>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

>Zeke,
> I have a
>hankering to do the highline
>as well. I would
>love to join you guys
>if you will have me.
>I will carry the extra
>mosquito repellent to slow me
>down.
>

We'll have to make plans! It's something that best get done before you have to carry ALL my stuff. It'll be quite an adventure and take some time to complete.... but oh, the stories we could tell, again.
Zeke