"his/her profile has been disabled!"

Torch

I find it very interesting that as I read through peoples post/replies that I see "his/her profile has been disabled" very often. Especially on controversial topics. I'm just curious as to why so many people on this site do this? I can understand not wanting to post pictures or letting people know where you live for fear of having people finding out where you hunt, having things stolen, anti-hunters and ect.

However, I don't think an anonymous post has as much credibility as someone who at least has a name on there profile and stands behind what they believe. This question is purely out of curiosity and I would like to know other members reasoning for this. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a negative post as that is not my intent at all.

If you want credibility, go to my-space. Don't come here. No seriously, mines disabled cause I don't want to give out my information to the world. Sorry if you think I don't stand for something cause my name is not listed.

'It's all about the gut pile'

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-06 AT 08:09AM (MST)[p]This is the internet, not the encyclopedia Britannica, I believe about half of what I read and 90% of what I write. If some one wants to be credible, they will. In my view, it don't matter who you are, if you bring some interesting and compelling information or discussion, and don't call people names, your words are as good as the next guys.

Let me ask you this, if you knew the name of the person posting a controversial issue, why would that make them more credible? Do you know everyone on the planet and their qualifications? Moreover, how do you know it's them, can you see them typing? I am really, Mike Ox big, posing as Tfinalshot, who is a nerd that lives in Montana and occationally takes a nice photograph. There, is any of that true? Or, is this his girlfriend, who happens to be a wildlife biologist, answering the question? Hum. . ., now what?

I don't care who you are, so long as you're interesting, compelling, and able to be a productive member of this site. More than that is just fluff.

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-06 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]Then what's the point in having a log in name? Is your first and last name "Torch". Like Cher or Madonna? There's too many people out there that are malicious.

I once logged in as D13er and said something nice. Does that mean he is credible or me?

Don't even bother, my profile is disabled.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-06 AT 09:17AM (MST)[p]

better safe than sorry.

I can't help but think that in some cases the diatribes & rebukes that are written here are from people that are in direct competition of those they are trying to vilify & by identifying who they are would expose their stake in the matter.

I believe that a person posting their opinions in public place like the internet, put themselves in the same position as those who post their opinions in newspapers and magazines. You can't post your opinions in newspapers and magazines without your name because without your name there is no credibility, or accountability. Like T said, how do you know who you are really talking to? In my book a liar is a liar. If you will lie about your identity, then why should I believe anything else you say? If you don't have the courage to back up your inflammatory and derogatory remarks with your own name, to me that just makes you less of a man or woman. If you're so worried about someone comming and kicking your _ _ _ about some of the comments you have made here or elsewhere then you should just keep your opinions to yourself. In my opinion.

Hum, everyone on this site know's who I'm, and my pofile is dissabled, does that make a liar, just because its dissabled?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-06 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]Everyone already knows what you are Tony.

A really bad speller!!!!!

By the way your pofile isn't dissabled.

I HIDE FROM NO ONE!!!

MY NAME IS bobcatbess,THE ONLY,WELL AT LEAST TILL I'M CLONED!!!

MY NAME IS LISTED!!!

I LIVE IN ALTAMONT!!!

I AIN'T HIDING FROM NO ONE,WELL MAYBE JACKMASTER,LOL!!!

I DO HIGH COUNTRY TUNE-UPS ONCE IN A WHILE & I DON'T HIDE OR WEASEL OUT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat MOCKED MANY TIMES BUT NEVER DUPLICATED!!!

There are too many psychos out there in the ether to be giving out too much info.

Just look at the post above mine for the proof! Just kidding...

elkantlers!!!

SO HOW DO I SCARE YOU???

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE TUNE-UP,LOL!!!

THE ONLY bobcat DISABLED IN MANY WAYS BUT NOT HIDEING BEHIND MY PUTER!!!

My profile is enabled and I have to say that it does make me think twice about what I say on the forum and how I say it. That's me, not saying it is that way for everyone else.

ShadowHunter