Hobby trading cards (baseball, Basketball, action figures)

Been a baseball card collector since I was 8. I’m not in it to make money, just collect players, autos, and sets I like.

I buy investment cards only of players that I like, I buy boxes and leave unopened. I don't like Brady or Lebronda so I don't have any cards of them at all.
Fun hobby.

I had 6 shoe boxes of baseball and football cards from the 1950 's and 60's when I got married. While I was packing stuff to move in our new place my wife said you're a big boy now and don't need these cards anymore....in the garbage can they went. I can only imagine what they would be worth today.

YA, when i was like 10 years old. To this day i have a tote in my crawl space full with stuff like ken griffey jr autograph and kevin garnett. 100's of michael jordan cards, one mickey mantle card. but anyhow i have 1000's and 1000's of cards. I would love to just sell it as one big lot cause i just dont care anymore. when i was younger it was fun to collect and actually watch games. Today i cant even stand to watch sports. its all showboating and has gone woke.

I collected a lot from 1987-1991. Baseball and football cards. Before that, I collected Garbage Pail kids cards because they were funny. I had a few older friends back then that had Star Wars cards and I kind of thought those would be worth more than sports cards so I got as many as I could from them through trades and such. The last of the cards I collected was Denny’s cards from the restaurant, still unopened from the mid 90s. I still have a chit ton of all sorts and a lot are unopened. I only keep them hoping to sell them in my retirement years. The problem is that they are mostly late 80s and 90s era and everyone back then collected and there are a lot still out there and will not be as valuable as the 50s to 60s. The Garbage Pail, Star Wars from 1978, and the Denny’s cards would be the ones that could fetch a few dollars, but the others probably won’t. Occasionally I try to see if anyone is buying the old cards and haven’t seen anything positive.

I still love how offensive the Garbage Pail cards were. Maybe they will become relics of how we weren’t as uptight as we are now and accepted them as jokes and not bad humor.

8DDC28C3-62C6-44A4-879B-0C50058CF702.jpeg

Last edited:
YA, when i was like 10 years old. To this day i have a tote in my crawl space full with stuff like ken griffey jr autograph and kevin garnett. 100's of michael jordan cards, one mickey mantle card. but anyhow i have 1000's and 1000's of cards. I would love to just sell it as one big lot cause i just dont care anymore. when i was younger it was fun to collect and actually watch games. Today i cant even stand to watch sports. its all showboating and has gone woke.
I will start the bidding at $100!

Back in the 1980’s I was driving from Oklahoma to Utah. Stopped in at the Big Texan in Amarillo for lunch. Bought a deck of these cards, my 10 year old and 8 year old sons were with me and it created a life long memory for them. They remind me, at appropriate and opportune times, to embarrass me from time to time. Probably worth a fortune now………… but have no idea what ever became of them. Wife probably used them for fire starter in the fireplace.

CA447B86-A28C-4C4C-B162-3A4F6A2422E2.jpeg

00E42310-A08E-414F-A93E-7A590EE088C3.jpeg

Anything Honus is bank. I should have visited last year during 3rd season Fred. Would love to see Honus cards.

Rich

Back in the 1980’s I was driving from Oklahoma to Utah. Stopped in at the Big Texan in Amarillo for lunch. Bought a deck of these cards, my 10 year old and 8 year old sons were with me and it created a life long memory for them. They remind me, at appropriate and opportune times, to embarrass me from time to time. Probably worth a fortune now………… but have no idea what ever became of them. Wife probably used them for fire starter in the fireplace.

View attachment 97097

View attachment 97098
Your boys probably traded them for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at lunch

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom