HOLY CRAP I DREW!!!!

predator

Very Active Member
I just found out that I have drawn a Mt. Goat tag in Montana.....WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hey Predator,
I just found out I drew a Montana goat tag too!!!!!! I'd like to find out which area yor drew, I am from Utah as well. Send mw an email if you get a minute and we can swap info.
[email protected]

Congrats Bugle! I never thought I'd draw, and ya know, I dunno a darn thing about goats, but WHO CARES??? Guess I have 4 months to learn all I want.

>Congrats Bugle! I never thought
>I'd draw, and ya know,
>I dunno a darn thing
>about goats, but WHO CARES???
> Guess I have 4
>months to learn all I
>want.

The only advise I can give is that they are white and live on the top of the mountain!

Congrats! How long did it take you to draw?

It took me 3 years to draw. I started applying when Montana started giving bonus points so I was at max with 2 points with a LOT of others no doubt.

Ditto for me- 3rd year applying. Says alot for Montana, tho, a friend of mine here in Utah has applied for 14 years, max points, still hasn't drawn! And boy is she mad at me right now! :)

What units did you guys draw in? I've hunted the Idaho side of the continental divide and seen lots of goats in Montana.

If either of you guys drew in the Madison Range (or anywhere around Ennis/Bozeman area) let me know. I know that area pretty well and have been on a few goat hunts around there as well.

Congrats to both of you. Maybe next year will be my turn... I have been applying for moose, sheep, and goat in Montana for 10 years and haven't drawn a thing yet... You lucky dogs

Ivan

Prettier and Bugle: congrats..........I wouldnt mind hunting goats sometime...........Pred: remember a good goat is still a "Spike".......LOL.......hope you get a 10"er......Allen Taylor......

Bambi, that's exactly where I've drawn...unit 327. I hear that finding them isn't the problem, finding a good one is!

Way to go! Hope you two are able to nail a couple good goats. I find out at the end of the week whether I get drawn for the area behind my house. Odd's are good, and my whole family put in, so hopefully at least one of us will be goat hunting this fall.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-03 AT 06:25PM (MST)[p]Good luck on your hunts. I wish we had goats here in Arizona, billy goats that is.
ArizonaGriz.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-03 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]Triple that "HOLY CRAP" and I drew too! My unit is just west of yellowstone. Congrats to all three of us. It's my first goat tag and my 4th year of applying in MT.
What time of the year do you think you'll hunt?
(I think I'll opt for the better weather earlier in the season since it will be a backpack trip.)

Congrats I have hunted goats twice here in Colorado (1w/bow + 1 w/rifle) and if I can offer any help or answer any questions feel free to contact me. Colorado offers a goat and sheep oriantion seminar its free for those who draw and real cheap for those that just want to learn, check to see if Utah may do the same thing.
Hope I can help.

I plan on hunting starting October 6th, hopefully the goats coats will be a little thicker and the weather will still be ok. Which unit did you draw nvmuley? I drew 316.

Yo Predaator! Way to go! Ya better come over to Colo. with me and the 'Warden' on my Ram hunt in Aug. to get you in 'Goat Huntin' shape! haha

bugle, I drew 362. Still not sure about a date for my hunt. It's great that we get 9-1 till the end of nov to pick. Your timing sounds good for a hunt. I'll wait till the draws are over before picking a date for sure.

Congrats soon to be Mountain Goat Hunters.... Someday maybe I'll draw a tag tooo. Good luck and kill some good 9-10 inchers.

Jer

wow, congrats to you guys.

- I have been applying for all 3 tags every year for 16 years. no luck.

- My dad has been applying for all 3 for over 20 years. no luck.

I know lots and lots of people who apply every year with no luck.

I cant believe you guys who dont live here are drawing tags.

Rocky, you just confirmed what I thought: this is a once-in-a-lifetime tag, regardless of the 'waiting period'. To put it in perspective, I know that there are 65 others (non-res) that use the same app service I do that did not draw. One has put in for this particular unit for 27 years. This doesn't lessen the barb for residents, I'm sure.

Life is not fair!! The luck of the draw and somebody has to draw, and the roll of the dice has no memory----LOL

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Predator,
Congrats on the draw!! I have buddy who has cabin in the foothills above Cameron near your unit. We have seen several nice goats, and they have taken a couple good ones from the unit. E-mail me and I will see if I can put you in touch with them. They are in SLC and might let you access through their gate. Are you using a guide?

Good Luck,
HeadHunter

Great job folks...it's good to see "real" people draw these life time tags...good luck and DON'T MISS...you'll never forgive yourself. hehe

Scott G.

Next week, my friend, next week. Hope the weather holds, or I might spend it watching the snow fall.

I bet you get some good weather, even if it does snow, the storms usually only last a day or two at the most. Good luck I hope you get a good one.

Ivan

Thanks Ivan, I think the problem we're worried about is that with this warm weather, they are still high, which could get us in some serious winter-like weather, making it difficult to navigate and such. They've been on the 'north wall' all fall so far.

so pred, what is the date of your hunt, you will probly have to hunt in real deep snow.

Later Yall!!!!
deer.jpg

I just returned from my Montana Goat hunt, what a blast!!! My bro and I did it ourselves and it was the most rewarding hunt of my life. I ended up killing a 9 3/4" billy on the fourth day and his coat was in great shape and long. We saw 40-50 different goats and stalked to within shooting range on 6 goats that I passed on before taking my billy. I miss the Montana high country allready and wished this hunt could have never ended. It was a dream hunt for sure.

PIK-CHUR!!!!! 3days, ARG!! Oh yah, and thanks BambiStew fer bringin' up the whole GRIZZLY issue. I hate bears. Ask Blank how much I hate bears, he knows! I may be required to carry bear spray, but I'll say this-if one gets close enough, it'll have 2 bullet holes in it and be completely covered in bear spray!

*sigh* Everyone pray for good weather. It'd be just my luck to get weathered out.....

I dont want you thinking this trip is going to be a picnic... Yogi and Booboo might come around and eat your lunch being how you are soo cloose to Jellystone Park, LOL.

I have hunted in that area and surounding area for years, I have only seen a couple blackies. I have never seen a grizz, but have seen piles of crap about the size of a vokeswagon. Some people see them up there but I can't think of any time that there has been a problem.

Good luck and make sure your guied is in front of you, or at least make sure you can out run him...

Ivan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom