home from Iraq on R&R will have 1 day to hunt

alinrut

home from Iraq on R&R will have 1 day to hunt

I'm currently over in Iraq and just found out I'll be home in Late October, for a few days of R&R.
So my question is:
If you lived in Boise and had only 1 day to hunt the general season, where would you go? Anyone got a monster tied to a tree?

Good luck to ya'll this season and be safe

al

RE: home from Iraq on R&R will have 1 day to hunt

39 get back and get high shoot a good one

Thanks alinrut for doing what your doing over there. And don't forget " 1* ".

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

No ones gonna step up and help this fine young man out?

Alinrut, if I lived out there, youd be in my back pocket, hopefully shooting what ever bull I had scouted out.

I'd almost promise to "guide" you to a deer...but I need more than one day to get you in, hunt and get you out. Any more time...send me a PM and I'll be VERY helpful.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Thanks for the support guys,
Just so everyone knows, I'm not looking for the honey hole of the year, or anyone's scouted deer. I've hunted 39 a few years back, and in 43 I had one of my best season's ever.
I've talked the wife into maybe 2 of my day's hunting. Is 43 looking pretty good this year? I've lived in WA the past 3 years and have lost ability to scout, or even get out and about, internet over here sucks and I cannot download maps, chart's reports, etc.... I'm looking for some advice that will cut down my time, and make my 1 maybe 2nd day more effective.
Thanks for the support, I truly appreciate it as do the Soldiers over here with me.
I'm probably going to be stationed in Colorado when I get back, so the possibility of returning the scouting info is there. I was once told... nothing in life is free.

Take care, have a safe season, and maybe I'll see one or two of you on the mountain.
alinrut

Honestly take it from someone who has been there...spend the time with your loved ones. You never know when your times up or when the last time you get to see them alive. If your going to colorado your going to hunting heaven and you will have plenty of times to hunt...i will even give you some places to look at deer that will blow your mind...5 mins from fort carson

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Well,

As it turns out I'm not coming home after all. I was able to lobby for a spring time return and will be able to catch the family during my son's spring break.
To all who have posted thoughts, idea's, advice, and pm'd me.... Thanks. Truly, heart felt deep down Thanks.
It was a small dillema and believe me I do value the family time, just as my wife understand's my passion for hunting and was willing to let me go for the day. Truly blessed to have a wonderful supportive wife and truly blessed to live where I live. Take care to all of you, have a good season and be safe in all your adventures.

I'll see ya'll on the hillside sometime.

vr,

Allan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom