Honda big red vs Polaris ranger

I KNOW THAT THE RANGER WILL GO JUST ABOUT ANYWERE IF YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF COUNTER WEIGHTS (GUYS). I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE BIG RED AS WELL, ON HOW IT DOES AND SO FORTH.

BUGLEMN

I would have to go with the Ranger it has been around for ever, It has been proven, Bigger motor, Power steering, Ect. I bet the Honda is a great unit but you asked about working around the ranch and there has only been one for so long, Polaris Ranger.

I have owned them both. I like them both and I like the Polaris's low range. But I would go with the Honda.

+1 for the Big Red. If Honda made a snowmobile there would be no need for anything polaris!

I dont know the big red but I've driven my buddies Polaris and I have a Honda Rancher [2004]

I've had 2 Hondas and they just keep on going- reliable. But they are tippy. I rolled my old Foreman many times and this Rancher is not nearly as stable as the Polaris on steep hills.

The mid engine of the Rancher is something I will stay away from next time and whatever I get will be independent suspension and center of gravity low and forward.

Although some Honda's are made in the U.S. The polaris is still the more American made company, I'll take the ranger.

This is a good thread. What do you guys think about the Polaris Ranger RZR compared to the new can-am side by side? I have heard good things about the RZR. Whats your thoughts comparing these 4?

I purchased a RZR 11 months ago, have 3000 miles on it. I have two Honda ATV's that just sit after the purchase of the RZR. My neighbor, on the other hand, had the same mentality about Polaris that I have had and would never ever purchase anything "Polaris". Big mistake for him. I overcame my, "ONLY BUY A CHEVY" mentality - tried one out and that's all it took.

My neighbor purchased the Can Am commander and kept bragging about how he'd purchased the Cadillac of the UTV's. He purchased it in the winter and had not driven it much, just kept bragging about how every one said how great it was. Irrigated me just a tad. One day he told me to take it out for a spin and my wife and I took it out for a good drive. Summers here - the CAN-AM's to hot to sit in after the first mile - it's louder than the RZR - it gives you whip lash on mogles or rough roads - what a piece of junk.

After a trip on the mountain and his wife having to get out of the machine (Can-Am) twice because she was to hot. I do not defend the RZR - the proof is in the pudding. Now his silence indicates to me that he knows he made a mistake.

If any of you are in the market for one of the faster lower machines, I suggest you test drive both - IN THE MOUNTAINS AND FOR A FAIRLY LONG DRIVE. It doesn't need to be on really rough roads.

P.S. Price the accessories for the two - CanAm half-windshield $230, RZR $120 and price goes on.

I've personnally have tested honda, canam , and polaris as I was the sales manager at the Stephen Wade store here in ST George . The honda is a great ATV , reliable as for there engines last forever . MY opinion , polaris is the cadillac of all ATV and UTV whether you buy the polaris sportsmans 850 or polaris ranger rzr or polaris Ranger . Canam is stylish looking, but they ride rough and loud and tippsy and cost of maintenance or accesssories is more . Polaris has more power, more clearance , stylish , ride is not rough , low center of gravity and they go anywhere !!!! Im on my 3rd polaris and will always stick w/ upgrading to polaris .

Have had Honda ATV's for years and love them. Bought a John Deere XUV earlier this year and it is absolutely amazing in every way. Dad has a Polaris and it is the ultimate rattle trap. I would take the John Deere over everything I have drive and tested before. I have not tried out the Honda but all the rest and would not get rid of my John Deere, period.

Look at the kawasaki with the diesel engine, its awesome.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I have never owned a UTV. But I have owned Polaris, Yamaha and Kawasaki ATV's. Kawi's and Yamaha beat Polaris hands down. Polaris breaks down too much. If you don't mind that then the comfort is worth it I guess.

I have four Polaris Sportsman's sitting in my backyard right now. I have never had a single one in the shop for more than an oil change. My hunting buddy's Honda on the other hand has front-end problems and an engine noise that the local Honda dealer can't figure out.

Don't buy a brand, buy the machine you like. You can hear championship/horror stories for every manufacturer, you just need to talk to the right person.

Grizzly

As for BigRed v. Ranger question. I like the Ranger. The BigRed tranny doesn't have enough low-end for me.

Grizzly

I am glad they are reliable for you. Every friend I know that has had a Polaris says they had problems too. ATV's are our biggest recreation as far as vehicles so it still says something.
But buy what you like, I agree with that.

I was a mechanic and worked on them all and I never said I would buy a Polaris. Well a few months ago I sold my Rhino and bought a new RZR XP and haven't regreted it once. Well once when I was figuring out how to fit a deer or elk in the small bed. Other than that the RZR has been great. The ride is awsome and the power is incredible.

I have put 500 miles on it since April and not a single problem with it. Most of those miles were hard riding at the dunes. Now I put my quite muffler and stock tires back on and started using it for scouting. This thing can go anywhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom