Hope Not, But...

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
Was on the way home from hunting in WY and got some bad news. Funny how a hunting high feeling can turn to feeling like crap so quick. One, my daughter had a flare up of a health issue. She is living by herself going to college in Phoenix. Ran straight there and she has got over this bout. Second, my dad was just diagnosed with stage IV cancer. He hasn't been up much for hunting last 5 years or so, but I'm going to take him for hopefully not his last trip. I called DFG and it's too late to exchange my tags for something still available, so I'll just be by his side the whole time... Take it easy with the old man... I'm sure they won't be giving him anything to make him sick (chemo) before the D8 opener... He goes in for CT next week.

That is tough. Hope all goes well. D8 is way down this year. Was up for archery and buck numbers a super low. Good Luck

A tough deal for sure. Things that happen in life sure remind us of what is really important. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eel

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts. He really is in the limbo stage before more tests are conducted.

I have personally faced that challenge and its the hardest thing ive ever had to deal with. I hope all turns out well for him and you have many more hunts together. Just being by his side the whole time will make all the difference in the world.

Our prayers will be with you and your Father. Hope your hunting trip is a great one for both of you.

RELH

I hope all goes well. Will he be heading to Stanford or UCLA? My 15 year old daughter just had her second open heart surgery down at UCLA a month ago. I have nothing bad to say about UCLA's doctors or facilities. Hopefully, he'll be going somewhere reputable and not a local clinic. Life is not something to take short cuts on. Good luck and prayers going your way.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Hope that things turn out good for your dad and if he is up to it, take him out with you on the hunt.
A good friend of mine starts tomorrow morning with Chemo and then Radiation later in the day. Chemo on Mon & Fri and Rad. treatments M-F late in day.
He told me to call him him this Tue evening to see how he feels and if he is up to going Wed. nights Car Club meeting. Think possitive and hope for the best. He has a large mass in his left lung and Drs. said it is too far advanced to remove so the treatments is the best for him.

Prayers to you and the family too.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Prayers sent.

2311idiot.jpg

Thanks guys. He just called. They are going to try to cut it out next week and decide on chemo after seeing what they find. They have no reason to believe it has spread yet. He bought his deer tag and is excited to go this weekend...

Wizsard, your kid is tougher. I'd rather it be me than my kid. Sounds like she is getting the best care :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom