House Bill 208: Waiting period for hard to draw elk/deer

Teepee

Yet another hunting bill to mull over: HB 208
LINK: http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2015/Introduced/HB0208.pdf

Excerpt:

(j) Except as specifically provided under subsection
f) of this section or W.S. 23-1-705(m), no person may
apply for and receive more than one (1) resident deer or one (1) resident elk hard to draw license in any
consecutive five (5) year period. For purposes of this
subsection, "hard to draw" means a license which is limited
in quota by hunt area and type and which had a drawing
success rate of ten percent (10%) or less in the
immediately preceding limited quota random drawing for that
particular species. The commission shall, through rules
and regulations, specify which resident deer or resident
elk licenses are hard to draw before each application
period for that particular species.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-15 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Absolutely, worthless bill. Why am I not surprised by the author?

Not very well thought out for sure. In a hard to draw area, a five year waiting period doesn't increase drawing odds hardly a percent. Then those that do draw can just jump to other areas.

Going nowhere I'm sure.

Go figure, this bill made it out of committee and is headed to House floor.

Better start emailing Reps...

>Go figure, this bill made it
>out of committee and is
>headed to House floor.
>
>Better start emailing Reps...

That is the exact reason I didn't even respond to the post BuzzH made about it the way this Legislature is mishandling stuff day in and day out. Be thankful it's only a part time operation of short duration. Ours here in MI is in session pretty much year around every year with just a few holiday breaks, etc.!

I'm pretty much done contacting these people with my thoughts. Seems obvious to me they don't care what I have to say.

So I'll just keep quiet on this one. It'll probably pass. :)

Seems like it would help odds, though.

>Its a bad bill and wont
>help odds at all...poorly written,
>poorly thought out.

Agree. A simple math calculation will show what little effect this bill would have draw odds. I went through the same thing trying to explain why Colorado should not go to once in a lifetime sheep licenses (and I have never drawn one).

This will effect the drawing odds, in a bad way. The people that draw these (hard to draw areas) will spill over to other areas effecting their draw odds making the worse.

It's just another bill to appease those who are unlucky in random draws. Lady luck doesn't treat everyone the same unfortunately.
A simple bonus point system would be far better than all this complicated stuff, in my opinion anyway.
But let's carry on, I'm sure something will stick one of these years, and from their past record, I'm sure it won't be good.

Yep, and if it passes all it will do is cause the programmers to take more time to key another thing into the program to account for it, while not helping the draws enough to even matter.

>I just don't see why Wyoming
>keeps trying to change everything
>under the sun.

It's not Wyo 30 and the rest, it's people like you and me. We all seem to have a different opinion on what's best and we should all respect that.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works on here sometimes.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom