How about them Jazz

alp75

Very Active Member
I'm sure this one just kills you never, but give credit when credit due. The Jazz played their first great defensive game of the season. I think Hayward got under Kobes skin a little. Good to see. Break out game for Hayward. Jazz may not be going anywhere this, year, but give them a couple years with their young talent and I think we may have a future western contender again.

Gotta agree with ya. Hayward just took the game over. He took the D to Kobe. It was good to see the rooks step up and show some heart, and will to win! Can't wait for next year! Kills me to say that, but, it is what it is.

Alp, since I don't know you I can't prove it but before the game I wrote on facebook I hoped the Jazz would win tonight IF the Spurs won, which they did. Spurs winning tonight pretty much killed all chances of LA getting the 1 seed so I didn't really care much about this one or any of the remaining games for that matter; however, I can't think of a worst possible scenario for the last LA possession of the game!! Kobe took to long standing at the top of the key then rushed it and FORGOT THE FRICKIN BALL!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's coo :) Playoffs will be here in no time

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

You don't see Kobe screw up like that very often. Good thing that wasn't a playoff game. :)

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Yea I've kinda grown quite accustomed to him hitting game winners so coming out of the final timeout I just knew he was going to hit it...and then he didn't even get a shot off...it was kind of a stunning feeling!!

Reminds me of a good joke though...

What word do Jazz fans hate to hear the most??

PLAYOFFS :)

Hayward wrecked Kobe.....threw off their whole offense.....might not bode will for the playoffs....kobe no play well Lakers no play well.....

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

I loved every min of it. One thing better than a jazz win is a lakers loss.
If the jazz knew how to shoot free throws alot of these games lost could have been wins. I enjoy watching games the refs let the players play especially when its against kobe and the lakers. Last time jazz and L.A met seemed like they was gonna wear them things out

Let me just say this as well. I am NOT one of those Laker haters. They are not my favorite team, but I love to watch them play....they are good. I think any team will have a tough time beating them 4 times to win a series. Plus Kobe is one of the games all time greats (weather you like him or not). Hayward actually did a great job defending him.

Corbin needs to have the players each spend an hour a day at the free throw line so that each game doesn't have to come down to the wire!

WE suck at free throws...
And i will agree the lakers are a very good team. They are big and all their big guys can play. I also agree Kobe is one of the greatest.
What bothers me most is that you see more games were the Refs favor L.A and kobe huge. Take for instance paul milsap. That guy gets hammered every game and never gets calls for him. Turn it around 90% of the time he has two fouls in the first quarter. Now take kobe 90% percent of the time if he misses a shot you can almost expect a whistle. When L.A came to utah the last time i think Utah had less than 15 free throws and L.A had over 30. Something aint right

>WE suck at free throws...
>And i will agree the lakers
>are a very good team.
> They are big and
>all their big guys can
>play. I also agree
>Kobe is one of the
>greatest.
>What bothers me most is that
>you see more games were
>the Refs favor L.A and
>kobe huge. Take for
>instance paul milsap. That
>guy gets hammered every game
>and never gets calls for
>him. Turn it around
>90% of the time he
>has two fouls in the
>first quarter. Now take
>kobe 90% percent of the
>time if he misses a
>shot you can almost expect
>a whistle. When L.A
>came to utah the last
>time i think Utah had
>less than 15 free throws
>and L.A had over 30.
> Something aint right

I agree 100% with your assessment. Their was a call last night where hayward just had good d....didn't touch Kobe and when he missed the whistle blew. Kobe just grinned. He knew he'd just gotten a freebie. Must be good to be Kobe. I guess it helps being the the champs, you get a few extra calls your way and a few less deserved technicals.

I love milsap, but the dude gets hammered and rarely gets calls.

You Utah fans need to realize something...Kobe had 6 points at halftime and the Lakers were up by 6. If that means the Lakers weren't playing well, what were the Jazz playing? :)

Utah has the 5th best record in the West....if you start from the bottom up!! Bet they wish they had Boozer back! Aaahaha

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Na they can keep boozer. Never was a fan of him. Never said Utah was number 1 in NBA but for what we have i think we have hope. Look at it.. We have not played a full season with a full roster. Injuries have killed us. Devin harris, AK, Memo have been out for a long time. If we had everybody playing including memo our big man i would be willing to bet the lakers would not of won the game in utah and i bet Utah would be running for the top in the western.
Take kobe,bynum,odom or gasol out of the game and L.A would be just like all the other teams.
L.A will always be good there is alot of money out there to throw around they have a lot of good players.
If the jazz can stay healthy next year with some additions they got and will add they will be a contender

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-11 AT 03:22PM (MST)[p]If this, if that, if so and so wasn't hurt, if if if!! Here's how it really IS...Jazz suck and always have sucked, end of story!! Last night the Utard kids played defense, perhaps for the first time EVER, against an LA team who didn't expect it...

GO KOBE GO!!

You said it right there never. Utah played defense last night. They haven't played defense all year and I bet it felt good to them. Too many people are quick to say my team just didn't play well last night (kobe only had 6 points /didn't play well). Teams and individual players don't play well when they have the other team playing strong defense and collapsing on the ball. Kobe didn't have a incredible game because the Jazz did a good job of collapsing and taking away opportunity. Something they haven't done all season. I am a Jazz fan, but I am more of a basketball fan and love to see good ball played. Last night was a fun game to watch because both teams played solid defense and it was a tight game. I do think the Jazz have some young talent that if they can develop and keep them in Utah they can once again be a western contender. To say the Jazz always suck is a little far fetched. How many seasons have the Jazz had a losing season? They have always and consistently been a good team and some years a great team. I try not to say too much about injuries, but in reality it does impact a teams capability. I think Chicago is not a contender without Rose. Lakers are not the Lakers without Kobe/Gasol, Miami....Boston...you get the picture. Teams are great because of their players, you take one or two out and it changes the entire team.

Alp, I agree it was a very fun game to watch!! I'd rather watch LA lose a close game than watch em win a blowout any day!! Defense was the key to the win last night for sure...the reason I say Utah has always sucked is just because I'm an a-hole }>

Have you read anything on the Amare/Pau story?? Pretty funny stuff lol...Bynum has a great quote on twitter!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6298763
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkknicks/post/_/id/4167/amare-doesnt-soften-stance-on-gasol

Well at least we agree that your an a-hole. :)

I'll read those links a little later tonight when I have a little more chill time.

Lakers should be embarrassed that an undermanned Jazz team not only beat them but did so in their own place. How's that for complacency.

Eldorado

Ha ha Them links were pretty good. Everybody takin hits at ole gasol. He may be soft but that boy can play some ball.

Um sorry boys but L.A has fallen back into there slump. Lost to golden state last night which makes it 3 losses in a row and losing the chance at catchin Spurs for the top seed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom