How do you draw in Nevada

huntnrich

Holy Sh t. How do you draw a simple deer tag in Nevada. I didn't draw again with 12 NR points? 3 of my 5 choices where muzzleloader hunts. I'm just amazed that I can every year put in for 5 choices, and never draw a deer tag. Any help for next year besides some hunt like Ruby Mtn Archery would be appreciated.

Nothin wrong with Rubies archery! Keep an eye out in the next couple weeks for the left over tags. With the increases this year in some units there might be some suprising tags. Good luck bubba, I know the feeling. TONY

IMO, you would have to be HIGH to apply for a leftover tag or apply for the Ruby's with 12 NR points....

You lose your points in the left over draw?

I just call em as I see em!

LAST EDITED ON May-26-12 AT 06:06PM (MST)[p]I feel the same way with elk. I'm now the proud owner of 20 NR elk points.

With 12 pts, I'd look at some of the late rifle hunts in Elko county.

If (when) you draw a tag...left over or otherwise you DO lose your points. 12 NR points and your putting in for only muzzy hunts...which have a very low number of tags...and more and more people switching to ML these days, then your going to have a low chance of drawing. Yes you should be putting in for some of the late hunts....or rifle hunts in 231 etc. Good luck next year...and i agree..i wouldnt burn those points on a leftover archery tag for the Rubies.

The answer is simple. Get lucky. The problem is that the more points you have, the pickier you must get. That is the trap of an expensive points scheme.... I try to put easy to draw hunts to draw hunts till I get to 3 points. I have never got up to 5 for deer. With 12 points, you are talking a $2000 or more invested plus time so far... You are in a tough spot there. You are forced to be picky and might go another 12....

Keep in mind that true draw odds are much worse than they appear in the statisitcs since they only show successful and first choice unsuccessful. Draw odds in NV are only an indicator of relative difficulty to draw at best.

All the other species like elk and sheep are pretty much just wishful thinking for a nonresident :)

"I feel the same way with elk. I'm now the proud owner of 20 NR elk points"

Hope your not looking for sympothy Dave especially since you got my Utah tag.LOL

huntnrich, with 12 NR points, I would be putting in for nothing but hard to draw rifle hunts that are timed close to the rut. At 12 points I would forget archery and muzzleloader even if it took me 20 years to draw it. Just my opinion. fatrooster.

Lots of luck involved. I have 17 points for NR Elk and yet to draw. Both my sons drew deer tags last year and my one son drew the same tag this year with no points and had 5points last year. My other son drew an Antelope tag this year with 9 points and got his first choice. Last years tag was a muzzy deer tag. One thing about Nevada everyone has a chance.

LAST EDITED ON May-27-12 AT 00:24AM (MST)[p]My wife and I were o for the draw this year BUT i still love Nevada! Drew my elk tag with 7 PPs, and my 1st choice antelope tag with 7 also. And when you draw,the hunt will be worth it. With 12 PPs I'd be very picky.

I have figured out that luck is part of it. Put in for 33E antelope with my 4 points because I can't seem to just buy points. What do you know, heading to Nevada antelope hunting in August. STAY AT IT!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom