how many on colorado applications?

S

stinkystomper

Me and a few buddies were plannin on applying for mule deer in colorado next year and were wondering how many people can apply on one application for a fourth season deer tag? Does colorado have an online application process as well? When are the rough deadlines?

Thanks in advance
SS

STINKY,
You better get with the program, read the rules. J/K

You and your buddies can apply as a group, no limit. BUT, someone has to be the Leader of the Pack. His CID number goes on all of those in the group, so F&G can keep track of who is in Party.

Quote:
Members must apply for the same species, unit and season for each of their choices."

I have done it for the group I hunt with as I have all of their info etc. and it is easy, just follow ing online instrutions and have a "good CC" to charge to. Print out the appls on line and give each guy one so he knows HE OWES YOU THE MONEY.

Good luck, sticky. I mean Stinky

Brian

Remember that they use the preference points of the person with the least PP for groups. That's going to make it harder to draw a fourth season tag.

Bean

In the regulation brochure (the 2009 version will come out in February) notice the asterisk next to some of the hunt codes. These indicate hunts that are typically under-applied for and usually have leftover licenses. If your group doesn't have any preference points, consider applying for one of those.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the advice. I contacted the colorado DWR and got 3 different stories. They also didn't know about having to carry a hunter safety card in the field. Two diffent wardens told us two different stories about hunter safety cards. I've found it difficult to say the least to get info from the dwr.

Kilowat and KTC: good to know I got some friends left. I usually give everyone such a hard time they think I'm serious and give it right back even when I really do need some help.

thanks everyone for the help. Is there a link to any site showing prefrence points needed to draw different areas?

Again, Thanks
SS

You do not have to carry a hunter safety card with you in the field if your card has been verified. It says somewhere on your license if it is verified. If the license does not say this then you need to have a card with you.

Remember that there needs to be enough licenses available for your group or you will not draw. I know that 4th season licenses are limited especially for nonresidents. If you have 4 people in your group and there are only 3 license available for nonresident (licenses limited to 35% non residents for most units and 20% for others) then you guys as a group, will not draw.

WesternSky is correct, forgot to mention that above. Now if you look as old as Eelgrass and I then don't worry about Hunter Safety Card...........j/k

Brian

Here is the link to how many points it takes:'

http://huntodds.monstermuleys.com/

As stated, if you get your license online and they mail it to you, you won't have it "verified" on your license that you have a hunter safety card, so you will have to carry one. However, if you get an OTC licnse and show them the card when you buy the license, it will be shown as "verified" on your license and don't have to carry it.

I haven't heard of any 4th season tags that don't take quite a few preference points, and they only give out a handful anyway (less with the winter kill), so I wouldn't think your group would have much chance of drawing one unless EVERYONE has lots of points.

Lets say you have 4 guys that put in, 3 of which have 10 points and 1 that has 1 point. In that case, you go in as if everyone has only 1 point.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have found ,after hunting 25 years in Colorado,that each DOW Officer will interpret there own letter of the law. It is best to talk dirrectly to the C.O. of the area you intend to hunt.We found this out after being questioned on leaving the evedence of sex.The C.O. in the area wants a testicle left on each hind quarter,where we hunted a couple years ago,they could be left on one hind quarter.

stinky,

I did not know we were applying together this year? Kilowatt too? Never met you guys but it should be fun. Thanks for taking the initiative to do the research!;-)

Dang it KTC! I wanna hunt; not drive around in the special ED bus and operate the wheelchair lift all day long! ROFL!

As for kilowat; with my background in electronics I can't deny anyone with the name kilowat! That should be my name by golly!

As for everyone else Thanks. Those links answer tons of questions. The guys that are suppose to be guiding me don't even know the answers to the questions you guys just answered. Guess I will start looking for new guides. Well, their not guides really, more like paid friends since I'm so hard to get along with.

Sticky,

Since you are into electronics you should know that Kilowatt is spelled with 2-T's not 1-T.

I've been retired 7 years now and still know how to spell, or should say most of the time.....j/k

Brian

stinky won't have any friends, not even ones he can pay, if he does not straighten up!;-)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom