How many squids here?

AO VA-185 NIGHTHAWKS. USS MIDWAY.
BB stackers....you ever work on the Walleye I or II? I worked the calibration/electronics part of it in the 70s. Videos of the bomb being used in VN were pretty....interesting. It was slow as a box of rocks, but very accurate from about 70 miles out. IF there was a target of opportunity on, for example, a bridge, the pilot would almost always slew the bomb towards that object.

My dad and 3 of his brothers all served in the Navy during WWII in the Pacific theater. A Captain and 3, 2 second class Lt.
Another brother of his served in the Army, a corporal in the European theater. All made back in one piece. The 5 McNulty Brothers. They sure brought back some amazing stuff from the war. Samari swords, Japanese Jade Handled daggers, Japanese Lugers, Browning .45 Caliber Sub-Machine guns. Even tried to ship back a .50 caliber Brownig Machine Gun, complete with a tri-pod. Japanese battle flags, a lot of German Lugers and the German ace cross. I have my dad Navy flier Smith & Wesson .38 Special, along with the bandido belt.

BB stackers....you ever work on the Walleye I or II? I worked the calibration/electronics part of it in the 70s. Videos of the bomb being used in VN were pretty....interesting. It was slow as a box of rocks, but very accurate from about 70 miles out. IF there was a target of opportunity on, for example, a bridge, the pilot would almost always slew the bomb towards that object.

Had em on board, don't recall ever hanging one under one of our birds. We mainly dropped mark 82's and 83's, then a lot of rockeye and gators toward the end of desert storm. Pic of one of ours loaded with rockeye, Feb 27th 1991, bound for the "highway of death".

20181028_102830.jpg

So, how many of you got sea sick? I'd spend 4 years puking.
Never. I did get air sick once during my first flight at flight school. My instructor in the back was laughing. He later told me he got sick his first 7 flights.

If you want to be sick, try riding a round bottom submarine on the surface for a while. They figured out 2000 years ago that didn't work; that's why they designed them to sink!!!

I was sick on my first underway from Rhode Island to Bermuda. I was mess cranking in the wardroom. I threw up 19 times throughout the day. I stayed in the galley working with the MS1 for the entire day. It sucked. I would just get sick in the garbage disposal and keep working. I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life. The next morning I was fine. Didn’t get sick again until we went through hurricanes in the Caribbean the next year. These little ships were tossed around during storms.

When the squids start drowning....we are always ready to pick them up:cool::cool::cool::cool:Semper Paratus...1974-81...

Father in law served several years in that navy and my Brother in law served just short of 30 yrs. My BIL was the Pacific Theatre Sailor of the year prior to his retirement and was raised to the rank if of Master Chief Petty Officer prior to his retirement. He traveled the world 9 times and served in every mid east engagement since the Gulf War. Was the deck boss on a couple of carriers. After his retirement he struggled adjusting to civilian life and subsequently took his own life 3 yrs ago. I've been with my wife for near 30 yrs and met him 3 times. Post traumatic stress took it's toll on him and forever rest his soul as he works through it with god.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom