How old

goldhunter

How old is the average sheep hunter in Arizona? The point system has been around for a long time. Looks really dismal. Hope I can last.

How about the average age for those that draw in the bonus pass? I would guess maybe in their 50's now but at some point they will all be in their 70's?

I'm only 5 points behind max, but that looks like it could take 5 decades for all in my pool and above to draw out. I could be 100 years old. Can I get some help when that day comes?

Anyone hoping to have a son or daughter about 20 years out, and then are willing to commit them to helping an old duffer get his desert sheep when they get to be 30, when I'm 100?

You may laugh, but I'm going to start eating oatmeal.

Bottom line is if you're not in the max pool or one point behind you'll never be guaranteed to draw a sheep tag as long as you live. Doubt they will ever change the rules. A lot more people draw tags in the random pool so I'd bet the average is is anywhere from 10 year olds to 80 year olds. Most max holders have to be 50+ I would guess.

I was really surprised how many low point holders drew tags. I guess that is good as I have a chance, but it is still a really small chance as a non-resident with 5 points.

I stopped applying years ago when I think I was up to 17 points. I have never really had any interest in hunting sheep for some reason. They have just never done anything for me.

That being said, I buy points for my two boys every year. One will be a junior in college and the other a freshman next year. I started buying them points before they were 10 when Game & Fish allowed you to do that. They no longer allow it. I'm hoping my boys out live many of the old farts and get a tag sometime in their life. When they graduate and get first job is when I stop paying.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom