How to work with an Outfitter when applying for a limited Unit Draw

Freeborn

Hi Group,

I was wondering how you approach working with Outfitter's when applying for a limit draw unit. Do you typically wait to find an outfitter after you have been drawn or do you reach out to them before you draw?

I have 10 PP and have called a couple of outfitters but have not gotten a call back. I'm thinking they are booked solid so I should move on to the next outfitter but am not certain of the best approach. I can see how Outfitters don't want to take calls from Guys who don't have tags.

What's the best approach?

You need to book the hunt with the outfitter prior to applying. If you have enough points based on history and projected creep, they will allow you to book. Some require a 50% deposit at the time of booking and others allow a lower deposit until you draw. If you don't draw, you get your deposit back or you can roll it to the next year. Also most of the outfitters that guide in units taking that many points are booked several years out. If you are reaching out to them now for a 2021 hunt, you are most likley too late.

You need to book the hunt with the outfitter prior to applying. If you have enough points based on history and projected creep, they will allow you to book. Some require a 50% deposit at the time of booking and others allow a lower deposit until you draw. If you don't draw, you get your deposit back or you can roll it to the next year. Also most of the outfitters that guide in units taking that many points are booked several years out. If you are reaching out to them now for a 2021 hunt, you are most likley too late.
Thanks Fall Guy, I was afraid of that. Well, looks like I have some long range planning to do.

In the short run me and a buddy would still like to go hunting this fall so I'll have to try and find another unit or a tag.

Thanks Much!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom