Hunt unit with 11 pts Wyoming Antelope

whiteantlertip

I am looking for a unit to hunt with good potential And did not suffer a big loss last winter of animals ,I Lost my area I used to hunt in 103 Any advice appreciated

That's a really tall order, even with 11 points. I would look somewhere between Shoshoni and Casper. I only have 5 points going into 2024. I'm going to hold. Luckily, antelope multiply like rabbits and don't take very many years to grow up.

what do you think about Unit 75east of Shoshoni
I've seen seen great bucks on 75, but you have to pick through them to find one over 75 inches. Unfortunately, I don't know how badly that herd was impacted by the winter of all winters. You might be able to level up and go with 67. Good luck. 👍

That's a really tall order, even with 11 points. I would look somewhere between Shoshoni and Casper. I only have 5 points going into 2024. I'm going to hold. Luckily, antelope multiply like rabbits and don't take very many years to grow up.
Who told you pronghorn multiply like rabbits?

Check some population data and tag quotas from 15-30 years ago.

Apparently the pronghorn didn't get the memo, populations are dog chit compared to what they used to be.

Lots of units have been suffering declines for decades, crap fawn recruitment, etc.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for strong population upswings anytime soon.

I've seen seen great bucks on 75, but you have to pick through them to find one over 75 inches. Unfortunately, I don't know how badly that herd was impacted by the winter of all winters. You might be able to level up and go with 67. Good luck. 👍
I hunted 67 three years ago. Waited until after opening weekend and we were all alone out there. It was tons of fun. I don’t kill a monster but I did get a really nice buck. I don’t know what affect last winter had though.

While it's true antelope seem to mature at a younger age than most big game animals, they do not multiply like rabbits.
I'm with Buzz on this one. It will be a good many years before antelope numbers will reach where they were, even a few years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom